XCTpvr TV Plugin - Cancelled

Xlobby plugin development

XCTpvr TV Plugin - Cancelled

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:24 am

The XCTpvr Project has been cancelled.
Last edited by ComputerTimeCO on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:34 am, edited 21 times in total.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:09 pm

Cancelled
Last edited by ComputerTimeCO on Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby jfireluv on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up on the plugin. I will try it when I get a little time away from work ;-).
jfireluv

Postby rubbah on Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:10 pm

thanks alot for this :wink:
rubbah

Postby summerall on Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:31 pm

carm

i played around with this last night. i have a pvr150 card and when i switch window tv > large tv > back to window tv. the tv no longer displays. Any ideas?
summerall

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:16 pm

Hi summerall,

It sounds like it works going to the Large screen and fails when you try to get back to the normal view.

What happens if you go back to large view again?

I'm testing XCTpvr on an Athlon 1700+ with 512MB Ram and the Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000. The video displays every time I switch between the screens. If you are running a slower PC, Let me know and I'll try it on different PC.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby summerall on Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:03 am

Carm -

Some more info. for you. I'm running an Athlon XP2000 with 512MB ram and a Chaintech 6600GT.

I played around with it some more and sometimes I can click back and forth from Large to Normal view for 3-4 times just fine. Other times it only takes 1-2 times before the TV doesn't display anymore. I also noticed that the when switching back and forth the plugin opened two copies of xlobby. Why does it do this?
summerall

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:00 am

summerall wrote:Carm -

Some more info. for you. I'm running an Athlon XP2000 with 512MB ram and a Chaintech 6600GT.

I played around with it some more and sometimes I can click back and forth from Large to Normal view for 3-4 times just fine. Other times it only takes 1-2 times before the TV doesn't display anymore.

I'll check out the code in a few day to see if I can make it work better.

I also noticed that the when switching back and forth the plugin opened two copies of xlobby. Why does it do this?

XCTpvr has no code in it to start Xlobby. What I think is happening is the TV window is being created outside the main Xlobby window. When this occurs there would be two items showing in the task bar most likely with the name of Xlobby. Fixing this should fix the original problem.

I should have time in a few days to fix it.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby summerall on Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:55 am

Thanks Carm!
summerall

Postby cwellsaz on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:02 am

Yes! This is great. I have it installed and working for the most part where I do have a problem is with sound. Im using windvd audio/video codec and for some reason It wont activate 5.1 audio either with digital coax or analog 5.1 . I saw that there was to apps that can set my audio and through the XCTpvr main program and skin I also see where I can choose the codec but for some reson it dosnt see my soundcard (audigy 2 ZS). Di you have any clues? Either way I really like what you have done here good job!
cwellsaz

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:20 pm

cwellsaz wrote:Yes! This is great. I have it installed and working for the most part where I do have a problem is with sound. Im using windvd audio/video codec and for some reason It wont activate 5.1 audio either with digital coax or analog 5.1 . I saw that there was to apps that can set my audio and through the XCTpvr main program and skin I also see where I can choose the codec but for some reson it dosnt see my soundcard (audigy 2 ZS). Di you have any clues? Either way I really like what you have done here good job!

Hi cwellsaz,

I'll have some time this weekend to work on the plugin. With a little luck, I hope to find a fix for you. I should have something ready by late Sunday USA-Eastern Time.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:09 am

Hi summerall,
I updated the download with a release that should fix the issue of no video on screen changes. This release also has improved Audio/Video Sync.

Hi cwellsaz,
Your problem is a little more difficult. You can try changing the settings in WMP under the DVD section. This may only work if your default Windows codec is the same as the one you want to use in XCTpvr. Currently I do not expose the Audio Decoder filter property page which is where you could make direct changes to the codec. I'm sure I'll work on this for a future release.

To install latest version you must first uninstall XCTpvr then proceed with the install.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby summerall on Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Carm -

I'll test tonight and report my results.

Thanks!!!

Another quick question:

I'm running this on a 7" touchscreen panel so buttons are smaller and space is limited. I tried to increase the size of the "Normal TV" button so my fat finger could press it but the TV screen remains the same size thus blocking the increased size of the "normal tv" button. How do I edit the size of the TV screen size?

Thanks!!!
summerall

Postby ComputerTimeCO on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:03 pm

Hi summerall,

Enter the large view when the TV is off. You should see a shaded rectangle which is where the TV screen would be. XCTpvr resizes the video window to the size of this rectangle. XCTpvr uses the rectangle's ID "vwlarge" to retrieve its size. The large screen has an enter event that triggers the above action. This means that resizing the rectangle alone will no resize it. You need to run the event that will then run the command. If you look at the events in the Main XCTpvr screen and the EPG one you may get an idea of how it works.

Regards,
Carm.
ComputerTimeCO

Postby summerall on Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:15 pm

carm -

I tried the new download it works great. I can move back and forth between the normal and large view with no issues so far. Thanks!

Also I resized the screen. Thanks!
summerall

Next