XLobby to change DVDs on Sony DVPCX995V

Help each other out

XLobby to change DVDs on Sony DVPCX995V

Postby sunnyvali on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:26 pm

Hi!

I am very close to setting up the best front-end possible for the DVD changer. However, I can't figure out how to make XL change DVD slots on the Sony Changer. I have the Profiler data imported and the USB-UIRT device working. I am able to control the XL from my remote and can browse the DVD collection without any issues.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
sunnyvali

Re: XLobby to change DVDs on Sony DVPCX995V

Postby xlobbyer on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:57 pm

I can try and help.
Under the Play Movie skin I created a bunch of IR commands to select the disc.
Basically it was STOP ,wait ,DISPLAY,wait,ENTER,wait,SEND NUMBER,wait.
Ill see if I can find the exact sequence.
xlobbyer

Postby sunnyvali on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:14 pm

Great! Look forward to the information. Thank You.
sunnyvali

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Here is a post from Steven on how to control IR changers:
stevenhanna6 wrote:You'll need to make yourself a new event, lets use "dvd changer", then add the normal commands you would need to play a dvd with the "ir>command" and you will also see the new "ir>send number" command. Here you will enter "%movies>slotnumber%" as your variable...or you can just use a number to test it, slotnumber is the name of the variable that is storing your dvd slot number of course.

The main thing you have to setup is inputting all the numbers 0,1,2...9 into the xlobby ir plugin tab for your selected device. This is so I know how to send the numbers to the dvd player.

So the main steps are
1. input all the numbers into the ir plugin section under a device
2. create your dvd changer event, and use the new "ir>send number" command

Remember you can always use a real number in the "ir>send number" for testing at first to make sure its working. I have also set the delay to 1 second in between sending numbers...this is where the problems might happen......also remember there is a "wait" command you can use if you need a delay between sending the other ir commands.

Hope thats clear enough, I'll check back tonight to see if anyone got it working.

Good luck!!!
sharp_1

Postby sunnyvali on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:01 pm

Sharp_1 - Thanks! This is great information. I'm on it.

Now I have to wait for the right sequence to send to the changer and I am all set.

Thank you all for your help.
sunnyvali

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Take your 995 remote and write down what button order you have to push in order to change/select a slot location. Then create an event does exactly that making sure that every button you press has been learned to XL.
sharp_1

Postby xlobbyer on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:43 pm

BTW I have a 985v but I think its the same codes.
The sequence that I found works the best from any screen of the changer is
STOP,DISPLAY,ENTER,SEND NUMBER(I use collection number as variable,just make sure in DVD profiler all your collection numbers correspond to the same changer/slot location number),ENTER,DISPLAY.
I added a 500ms wait command between each IR command.You may want to experiment with the actual delay amount.

Try the above sequence with just the remote and the changer itself to verify it actually works.You'll also need to have the USB-UIRT positioned near the changer remote sensor for xlobby to control it or, I used an extender that plugs into the back of the USB-UIRTand then hid the changer in my cabinet.
xlobbyer

Postby sunnyvali on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:39 pm

I am going to try it later today and post back my success or ask for more guidance. Thanks everyone for their help.
sunnyvali

Postby sunnyvali on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Can someone please post the working sequence (ir commands) to send to the changer from their "events" setup? I have tried various waits and commands and can't get consistent results. Sometimes the DVD slot changes and other times I can get the last DISPLAY screen to go away.

Thanks!
sunnyvali

Re: Flabby to change DVDs on Sony DVPCX995V

Postby xlobbyer on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:49 pm

sunnyvale wrote:Can someone please post the working sequence (ir commands) to send to the changer from their "events" setup? I have tried various waits and commands and can't get consistent results. Sometimes the DVD slot changes and other times I can get the last DISPLAY screen to go away.

Thanks!

One thing I forgot to mention,make sure the changer is on the "ALL" folder to start.
Here is what I use: STOP,WAIT 500,DISPLAY,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,SEND NUMBER,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,DISPLAY.
Works every time for me, just make sure not to send any commands from any remote while the sequence is happening as it interferes with the USB-UIRT.
xlobbyer

Postby sunnyvali on Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:49 pm

xlobbyer - I tried that and no go. The issue with keeping it at "All" folder and then trying the rest of the command, is that it seems like the first "DISPLAY" command does not work when I'm at the "All" folder screen. In short, I'm in the "All" folder screen and then press "DISPLAY" - nothing happens/changes that I can see.

I have tried the above with my Sony remote. I did switch between Explorer and DVD slider button on the remote to press the appropriate buttons.

The good news is that - "STOP,WAIT 500,DISPLAY,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,SEND NUMBER,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,DISPLAY" does work, but the last DISAPLAY is where I am having issues. I just can't get the right wait to remove the display overlay from the screen when the DVD starts playing. Sometimes, it requires one press of DISPLAY button and other times 2.

Thanks for your help.
sunnyvali

Postby xlobbyer on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:34 am

sunnyvali wrote:xlobbyer - I tried that and no go. The issue with keeping it at "All" folder and then trying the rest of the command, is that it seems like the first "DISPLAY" command does not work when I'm at the "All" folder screen. In short, I'm in the "All" folder screen and then press "DISPLAY" - nothing happens/changes that I can see.

When in the folder screen make sure the switch is to DVD and not EXPLORER.

When you are in the "ALL" folder screen you should be pressing STOP first,then the rest of the commands.Once you have put it on the "ALL" folder screen you dont need to do it each time.The only reason I say to keep it on that folder is because I had previously organized my dvd's in the custom A,B,C,D folders and if I left it on one of those folders it wouldn't work.

sunnyvali wrote: I have tried the above with my Sony remote. I did switch between Explorer and DVD slider button on the remote to press the appropriate buttons.

You need to keep the slider on DVD when trying this and also when learning the codes in xlobby.You don't need to put it to EXPLORER unless you are using the secondary commands on the remote(blue on my remote)

sunnyvali wrote: The good news is that - "STOP,WAIT 500,DISPLAY,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,SEND NUMBER,WAIT 500,ENTER,WAIT 500,DISPLAY" does work, but the last DISAPLAY is where I am having issues. I just can't get the right wait to remove the display overlay from the screen when the DVD starts playing. Sometimes, it requires one press of DISPLAY button and other times 2.
Thanks for your help.

I have seen that when I first started trying this.The problem was that I didn't clear the display screen so the sequence was off.
While experimenting with this,make sure you clear the display and then start the STOP,DISPLAY,ENTER etc sequence.
BTW I have the DVPCX985V.Not sure if the display screens are set up the same.
xlobbyer

Postby sunnyvali on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:28 pm

xlobbyer - I am doing exactly the way you have explained in your reply post. I think the issue I am having is the last sequence in DISPLAY. I just have to find the right WAIT # and I'll be all set. I just want to make sure it is a reliable and repeatable process so that anyone in my house, including guests can use it. I'll have more time this weekend to figure this out. Other than that, I am enjoying learning Xlobby and have figured out how to edit and manipulate skins!

Thanks for taking the time and helping me out. When I get the chance, I will post my findings and related material so that others can learn from it.
sunnyvali