DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jlcrawford on Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:17 pm

Hi
I have spent a few hours today looking at this excellent skin.I have acouple of questions.
When I change from default to this I still have my five zones in the F2 mode and I messed around adding a setzone command in the screen showing the house graphic- this I think allows me to select a any of the five zones.However on the front music page it always shows "zone 1" under the "now playing" top right text - is there a way to get this text to change to the correct zone as the coverart shows the album selected for that zone?
Also in my photos I am getting erratic behaviour -I deleted and re-added the database- but some subfolders do not show the thumbnails and others do and when in the subfolders the next page button does not respond and hence I only see 16 of the images of which there are hundreds.
jlcrawford

Postby jlcrawford on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:07 pm

I sorted the next page issue in the photos folders I changed the command from "photos next page" to "Xlobby next page" this worked.
I still have three of the six folders within photos not displaying thumnails and have no idea why.
Also without the zones displaying which is the currently active selection its hard to find what I am controlling.
Cheers
jlcrawford

Postby jlcrawford on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:31 pm

Just spent 10 mins reading the pages of this string will implement some of the changes ie .net 2 and the new Xlobby and try again.
jlcrawford

Postby Colby on Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:54 pm

I sorted the next page issue in the photos folders I changed the command from "photos next page" to "Xlobby next page" this worked.
Also without the zones displaying which is the currently active selection its hard to find what I am controlling.

I am looking into this. The reason your photos next page didnt work is because your photos category was called "photos" and the events were for a category called "pictures". You can change the events or the category.

I am working on the zone thing too. I the text behind the nowplaying cover "zone one" should be a variable. I dont remember what the code is for that zone display name. %current>zone% or something. If anyone could remind me.

I am also making toggles for the zone images.As soon as I get zones set up I will re-release my skin.
Colby

Postby jlcrawford on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:57 pm

Thanks Colby
I have now upgraded to the newest Xlobby and .net2.
I still have a few issues
1 The photo preview on two from five folders does not show in the opening screen
2 The play pause button only seems to work as a pause and once clicked - pause appears under the current track and it wont go away.

I have had problems with my PC tonight -Mobo problem so have not spent any time looking at the skin- but I have had a major improvement in syncing the zones since changing to the Colby skin.
Cheers
jlcrawford

Postby Colby on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:11 pm

jlcrawford wrote:Thanks Colby
I still have a few issues
1 The photo preview on two from five folders does not show in the opening screen
2 The play pause button only seems to work as a pause and once clicked - pause appears under the current track and it wont go away.

1. I am not sure what you mean "on two from five folders". You cant see your photos? or you cant see the thumbnails cache? what?
2. if you hit pause, it says PAUSED, if you hit play it will play again. It works over here.
Colby

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40 am

Hi Colby,

Hopefully I haven't alienated you too much.. :(

If you'll hear it, I have a question for you:
I've been working on customizing the password overlay in your screen.
I modified the music search screen, since it has alphanumeric keys on it.
I ran into 2 problems:
1) I can't seem to be able to use a password that contains letters and numbers. It only takes numbers. How can I fix this?
2) I also want to be able to type the password using the keyboard (in addition to clicking the buttons on the screen with the mouse/remote).

Here's the password screen I've 'made' so far: Download (pw: 100).

Thanks so much!
a06lp

Postby Colby on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:08 am

problem one is simple. It is case sensitive. My keyboard buttons are all caps so your password should be too. I tested it here that is it.

Problem 2 I dont know at the moment.
Colby

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:38 am

awesome! thanks, Colby.

Let me know about problem 2 whenever you get a chance. :)
a06lp

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:13 pm

I'm back again with a strange error. :?

Enter the music screen. Use the keyboard instead of the mouse (move arrows to find album, press Enter to select; when album-overlay comes up, choose track by pressing Enter.)

Instead of playing the correct song, it plays the first track in the database.

When using the mouse (clicking track to play) it works fine - this error is only when using the keyboard.
a06lp

Postby jlcrawford on Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Colby sorry for my bad english.
What I mean is when I select the Pictures/Photos page I have five folders within "my photos" on the C drive. In Xlobby these appear within one large area as five folders - on three of them I see thumbnails but on two of the five just the background image.I think you call it the thumbnail Cache?
I will look again at the Pause button - I think it now (after the .net2 upgrade) toggles the play/pause function but the word "paused" stay visible under current track regardless of the play/pause state.
Iwill be playing tonight- just managed to rebuild my PC.
Cheers
jlcrawford

Postby jlcrawford on Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Hi
What is the mimic buttons function?
jlcrawford

Postby jlcrawford on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:24 pm

Hi
I have another question.
When I open the playlist overlay and select a track to "move up down or delete" it starts to play the track on selection- I am sure before the change to .net2 and the new exe it simply highlighted the track and I could delete it or move it up or down the list .
I have looked at this page in the skin editor(pause/break) but cant work out the skinning of the overlay at all.
Is it suposed to play the track now and a quick guide on editing the overlay would help a great deal.
cheers
jlcrawford

Postby Colby on Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:31 am

1. Mimic is a feature that makes a client and server act the same. ie. if you goto movies on your ppc then your server (desktop xlobby) goes to movies screen also. Hence mimic.

2. The playlist is designed to play the track. I did that this way because I more often then not needed to hear the track to pick its order. As far as manipulating the overlay screen, I bet it is complicated. I just recently made the playlist screen and it has a lot of "tricky" commands. What specifically do you want to do?
Colby

Postby jlcrawford on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:00 pm

Colby
I am not looking to do anything in particular other than a bit of learning.
I want to get full multizone audio, a TV tuner built in and eventually link to my Cbus lighting.
cheers
jlcrawford

PreviousNext