DVBViewer?

Speak your mind

DVBViewer?

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Anyone using dvbviewer?

I have the nebula tv software intrgrated with xlobby, but its a dead app, so i have been meaning to replace it for ages...

I had a play with a few tv apps a while ago and at the time DVBViewer seemed pretty good (even tho it missed some of the functions the nebula kit offered).

I just had a quick play with the on screen skin editor and it seemed pretty straight forward, i guess it would be pretty easy to rig up a simple osd that fits in with my xlobby skin...

Just curious if anyone else uses it.

Cheers, Sean.
S Pittaway

Re: DVBViewer?

Postby smarty on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:56 pm

I use SageTV with my Xlobby setup (installed on the same machine). Sage is extremely versitile in that it can be controlled via a windows sendmessage utility from within Xlobby.

I use the Xmovewindow plugin to "embed" a smaller SageTV within within Xlobby for a "more seamless" look. Xlobby button are then used to maximize the window as needed. With Sage, you get DVR, commercial skipping, a programming guide etc....a very nice, mature package. (imho).

Below is an except about the SageTV sendmessage capability.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Appendix J: Using the SendMessage Utility
When SageTV is installed, SendMessage.exe (version 2.2) is also placed in your SageTV
directory. If that file is not in your SageTV directory it may be downloaded from the attachment
to this forum post: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthr ... ostcount=1
This utility was created by a SageTV user and is provided by SageTV “as-is”. Use of this
utility is not supported by SageTV’s technical support. If you need help using this utility,
please go to our discussion forum at forums.sagetv.com/forums.
The SendMessage utility can be used to send commands to SageTV as Windows messages, using
the command event numbers. See: Sending Commands via Windows Messages. While SageTV
itself can also do this with its -event parameter, SendMessage has a few advantages:
1. The SendMessage exe file is smaller than the SageTV exe file, so it will load and run
faster.
2. Unlike the -event parameter, the SendMessage utility is capable of sending multiple
commands each time the program is run, making it easier to ‘batch process’ a series of
commands.
3. SendMessage can be used to send messages to any Windows program.
Usage
If SendMessage is run without any parameters, it will display a dialog with a brief outline of its
usage instructions. The utility uses the following command line format:
SendMessage WindowClass WindowName MsgID wParam lParam <repeat param list> …
The above-referenced Sending Commands via Windows Messages section lists the values to be
used for each of those parameters in order to send command event numbers to SageTV or
SageTVClient. To send multiple messages, simply send another series of those five parameters
after the first five.
In addition to those parameters, default values for each parameter can be defined when you wish
to send multiple messages: once a default value is set, that value can be skipped in the list of
parameters for additional messages to be sent. To define default values, use the following
options. Note that the values are not case sensitive (-c is the same as –C):
-C WindowClass – Define the window class name to receive multiple messages.
-N WindowName – Define the name of the window to receive multiple messages.
smarty

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:25 pm

I use DVB Dream. I had setup databases to select channels, and commands to take the viewer fullscreen. It was a really good ap, but I haven't used it for a while, since my fta testing has come to a halt :lol:
Marbles_00

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:53 am

I tried the sage demo, i have to say its nice and stable and did not mind me dragging it from my primary desktop to the secondary... which most players have found hard to do properly.

but, its pricey! and the on screen display looks a bit naff (although i admit i have not tried that many skins...).

i havent tried DVB Dream, yet but will have a look :)

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm

The one cool thing with DVBDream, which I tried but never incorporated it into the skin, was to open multiple PIP screens showing different channels. This can be done provided the channels are on the same transponder as the one in the main viewer. I had something like 10 open, but you can have up to 20 if you want. The other thing was that I worked with the developer of Dabdig to incorporate DVBDream. So I could use the older xrecord plugin from Lar282, and incorporate xlobby's EPG.
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Don't forget to say that u need/want EPG in Xlobby here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7084

//Lasse
lar282

Postby S Pittaway on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 am

yep, i re-kicked that, everyone feel free to say its needed :)
S Pittaway

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 pm

It's needed...well, when I finally get back onto teaching myself V3 :D
Marbles_00