XNetflix www

Xlobby plugin development

Great Job!

Postby jfireluv on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:41 am

After some tinkering and playing with/adding the buttons, I got it to work without a hitch.

Image[/img]
jfireluv

plugin problems

Postby R32 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:42 pm

Atlas

Love the idea of displaying Netflix information in Xlobby but I'm having problems with the plugin. I go into Setup to configure the plugin, enter my logon ID for netflix and get to the Nexflix logon then close the IE window. But when I go to save the plugin crashes Xlobby, and I can't figure it out what I might be doing wrong. After I've logged into Netflix and close the IE window I can see that it captures my Netflix ID, I then choose to grab my queue but when I try to save I get a debug window and xlobby quits. Something about an error generating the XML document. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
R32

Postby Atlas on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:07 am

Sorry for the delay in reply. I've been out of town. That is a new one on me. Some things to check.

-- Can you go into the <xlobby_dir>\databases and see some files such as nflx_queue.xml, nflx_action, etc?
-- Can you create a file in that directory manually?
-- Is there a xnetflix.xml file in <xlobby_dir>\plugins\xnetflix?
-- What version is your xlobby2.exe file? (Right click -> properties ->version)
Atlas

Postby R32 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:44 am

I'm using xlobby dated April 04, 2006 and it does create a xnetflix.xml inside the xnetflix plugin folder but it does not contain any data, a zero byte file. I can manually create a file in the databases folder without any problem but the plugin does not create any file in that directory. I get the following error message everytime:

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'XNetflix.NetflixEntity' to type 'XNetflix.NetflixEntity'.
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterNetflixEntity.Write5_XNetflix(Object o)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
at XNetflix.Utilities.SerializeObject(String filename, Object obj, Type type)
at XNetflix.ConfigForm.WriteConfigFile()
at XNetflix.ConfigForm.btnSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've also tried removing all plugins except for xnetflix and still the same problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!
R32

Postby Atlas on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:16 am

I can't nail anything solid down. I tried the Apr 04 exe and was fine.

Here is my latest development dll. Try replacing XNetflix.dll in the plugins\xnetflix directory with this. Also delete the 0 size xnetflix.xml file.

http://www.geocities.com/diceshooter70/xlobby/XNetflix_test.zip
Atlas

Postby R32 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:24 pm

I tried your new dll file and deleted the 0 byte xnetflix.xml file but still get the same error. I do appreciate you taking a look at this for me but it must be something on my system that is causing the problem as it's working for you and many others without problems. I'll continue to play around with it and see if I can't figure out what's going on.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this and keep up the great work!
R32

Postby Atlas on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:49 pm

I'm not saying that it isn't anything with my code but the error messages you gave me seem to be in the XmlSerializer which is what I use to write out the file based on my datastructure. Those are built in commands in .NET. Might want to try and reinstall .NET 2.0. Maybe something there is corrupt. I'll keep digging as I add more code to see if anything jumps out at me. Sorry I can't be of more help right now.
Atlas

Postby Atlas on Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:12 am

Released new version 0.3. See first post.
Atlas

Netflix plugin Newbie question

Postby nrj0122 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:21 pm

So, Can I use this plugin to grab movie coverart, info, etc to display within movie section of Xlobby? That is, will it attach it to my movies I currently have on my HD that I have in Xlobby movie database. I currently only have a picture of movie cover I downloaded sepratley and attached to each movie file. Doesn't look that great-something like this would be better...Or do I need to use the DVD profiler plugin to do this?
nrj0122

Postby Atlas on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:03 am

The plugin isn't designed to do that. Also the covers from Netflix aren't high quality anyway. I would recommend you use the built in spiders to grab coverart and imdb info. Or as you mentioned use DVD profiler.
Atlas

multi-profile handling?

Postby suutar on Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:54 pm

I'm loving this. It's great, thanks!

I do have one question, though. Netflix has a facility to have multiple users on the same account, through profiles. Since each profile has its own username and password, it seems like having multiple xnetflix plugins would work, but I don't see a way to do that. Any ideas?

Alternately, any plans to update xnetflix to handle multiple profiles? It seems like the easy way would be to store multiple logins, hit each one in sequence, and merge the results... a more sophisticated approach would be to keep each user's info separate, but at that point it may be simpler to implement it with separate copies of the plugin.
suutar

Postby Atlas on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:09 am

Glad you are enjoying it! Unfortunately I didn't think about profiles when coding it as I don't use them. :lol: As it stands there isn't even a hack around that I can think of.

I'll have to think on that and see how netflix handles that info itself with a web browser and see if I can merge it in without redoing my code's datastructures. Right now I'm working on adding the search function of netflix. After I get that done I'll see if I can add profiles. No promises as of now though! :)
Atlas

Awesome idea! But I can't get it to work....

Postby fizzasist on Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:23 am

I downloaded the plugin and got it come up under the plugins list but when I click on the "Login to Netflix" button, IE opens behind everything and I can't get it to come to the front so I can log in....then Xlobby locks up.

Also, where does the plugin show up when it is running? Is is on the main menu?
fizzasist

Postby Atlas on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:21 am

Due to the way xlobby is coded you won't be able to get IE to the very front. The config menu is set at TopMost. Just move the IE window so you can see the login and login. The IE window will have the focus. Then move the window so you can close it out. Maybe the lockup you are seeing is b/c I'm waiting for the IE window to be closed.

The plugin works behind the scenes and just downloads info and creates xlobby databases. It does not automatically make your skin see the information. I've included some sample screens for use with the default skin to see how it works. You will need to manually edit your skin to create a button on the main menu and have it 'goto' the netflix screen.
Atlas

netflix

Postby bug0926 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:17 am

I tried a few times both by grabbing id via explorer and doing it manually but I never get any data. Any ideas?
bug0926

PreviousNext