music, music, music oh and dvds

Help each other out

music, music, music oh and dvds

Postby gfunk2k on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Question 1:
im sorry if this has already been asked but i have around 550 albums on my hard drive. When i import them to xlobby they don’t stay together. what i mean is if i have a mix album it will separate them as singles. is there an easy way to manage my music and merge the albums together?

Question 2:
ive started to back my DVDs up as i would like them to run from xlobby. ive imported them and xlobby finds them no problem but when i got to play the movies nothing happens. the timer is still at 00:00 what am i doing wrong? the files are vob's. just to add that my pc doesn’t have a dvd player so not sure if that could cause a problem but I do have demond tools and a virtual dvd drive.

thanks in advance for you help.
gfunk2k

Re: music, music, music oh and dvds

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:35 pm

if i have a mix album it will separate them as singles.

Usually you can control this by tagging the songs with common tags. Meaning all the tags have to match otherwise xlobby will split the list. I have a directory with a huge assortment of singles. In order to get them all listed together, I had to tag everyone of them as the following:
Artist: Various Rock
Artist: Various Rock
Genre: Rock
Song: "artist name / song title"

So each Song would be replace with the artist / song. All other tags are left empty, otherwise it wouldn't work. I use Tag n' Rename or Godfather to do all the tagging. Using a tag editor here usually helps as you can do batch editing which makes the whole process go more quickly.

ive started to back my DVDs up as i would like them to run from xlobby. ive imported them and xlobby finds them no problem but when i got to play the movies nothing happens. the timer is still at 00:00 what am i doing wrong?

The first obvious question I'm going to ask in return: What player are you using?
Secondly: Can you play the vob files outside of xlobby, meaning can you load them up and start playing in your preferred player?

It almost sounds as though you aren't passing a parameter needed to load the vob file. The player starts, but it just displays the default start screen showing 00:00 time. Give us more details of the player, so we may be able to direct you further.
Marbles_00

Postby gfunk2k on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Many thanks for your help and reply.
im using zoomplayer 5. i can play the films out side of xlobby no problem. i did change the event to play the film on xlobby externally using zplayer. (choose the film in xlobby and when you press play zoomplayer will pop up and play the film) and that kinda worked but i found that no mater what film i press through xlobby it will only play the last film i played.
i would rather play the films in the xlobby screen not have the player pop up.
hope this makes sense i do confuse myself???
gfunk2k

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:29 pm

i found that no mater what film i press through xlobby it will only play the last film i played

That most likely is a playlist setting within zoomplayer that you can set. If I recall, there is a setting to empty the playlist on zoomplayer exit.

i would rather play the films in the xlobby screen not have the player pop up

The easiest way to do this (if using the free version of xlobby) is to use the xMoveWindow plugin. There are great tutorials (one included with the plugin I think) that explains how to setup a window (I don't remember the zoom window name off hand). It works great and I'm using it in my HTPC for different uses (DVD preview, Sat TV window mode, Window visualization etc.).

Hope that helpls.
Marbles_00