Jukebox Jr. project

good place to post your setup and get feedback from others.

Postby rembetis on Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:26 pm

sdumas wrote:I have about 10 older 12" LCD display on older laptop, I'd love to find a way to connect them on a standard PC. I'd rip the display off the laptop and connect "magically" to a standard VGA port - what's your magic?

No magic, I'm afraid. The LCD I used was stripped out of an early portable DVD player that had a composite input. I used a cheap nVidia card with a TV-out (composite) jack. Once configured, nVidia's drivers automatically turn on TV-out when no monitor is detected.

Your best bet is to find an inverter that works with your LCDs, which may be difficult given their age. Do some searches for "inverter" the make and model #s and you may get lucky. Good luck!
rembetis

Postby hjackson on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:22 pm

Rembetis, that is just a beautiful piece of work! I think you have motivated me to build "something" nice for my brother!

"It looks extremely neat now. New pegs match much better prestigious looks of other elements and give much more unified looks as a whole.

Otherwise it was always extremely neat piece of equibment... and will make great gift to anybody, even more so if we consider effort u have put in it, thats all too rare in gifts nowadays.

If i had friends like u, i bet i would hate moving much less than i do. Im sure your friend is going to be very impressed tomorrow."

P3rv3rt B3ar, that was a classy way to follow up your previous posts. You are a good man! :D

hjackson
hjackson

Postby rembetis on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:38 pm

Thanks for the kind words, hjackson. Just checked in with my buddy this morning, actually, and the Jukebox Jr. has been working smoothly for over a month now.
rembetis

Previous