xAP3 for Xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

Postby amblix on Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:50 am

Jay wrote:Did you start the hub BEFORE bringing up XL?

yes, does my command look correct?
amblix

device mapping problem/question

Postby damage on Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:07 pm

i am using xap ping to monitor servers. i'd like to put an icon up for each server monitored. xap ping's message is as follows:

xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF456200
class=Ping.Status
source=mi4.ping.xyz
}
Ping.Results
{
ping_abc=Success
ping_def=Success
ping_ghi=Success
ping_jkl=Success
ping_mno=Fail
ping_prq=Success
ping_stu=Fail
}

i would like to create a status icon for each item in ping.results but the only devices i can create are 'mi4.ping.xyz' or 'success' or 'fail'. how can i create devices for each ping.results item so i can display them as an icon?

thank you
damage

feature request: Triggers

Postby damage on Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:37 pm

are there any downsides to making the xAP plugin triggers work for the instance name as well as vendor and device? i would like to have different triggers for different instances. thanks!
damage

Re: feature request: Triggers

Postby amblix on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:03 pm

anyone anyone? Im getting desperate lol

I have my screen recessed in the wall but cant control my lighting or any other events....
amblix

Postby rbziggy on Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:54 pm

Just wondering here - excuse me if this doesn't work...

I've pretty much been using the Xap hub that runs as an Win XP service for as long as I've been usin Xap. And... it's always been rock solid - i.e not probs getting the plugin to work / memeory leaks etc. Are you using thw hub this way???
rbziggy

Postby rbziggy on Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:56 pm

I posted this on another thread but had no replies so I thought I'd drop it on this thread to see if I get any feedback......

I've been using the xAPplugin for a good while for picking up and displaying information from incoming xAP messages (e.g. temperature readings or house status info from Comfort alarm system).

I've also got it running some outbound messages.

However, I've never used it to trigger a XL event when a xAP message arrives. Here I'm having problems:

I have a POP3 notification xAP module running. This sends a xAP message which the XL xAP plugin picks up fine (i.e. I can see it in the plugin, configure and display the 'state' and 'text' variables.) but I dont get the specified XL event triggered when the message is received.

Is anyone using the xAP3 plugin to trigger an internal event when a xAP msg is received. If so how? (I'd assumed you just picked the required XL event from the displayed event and off it went.)

Thanks
rbziggy

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:01 pm

Sorry for the delay but I just return from the hospital (a dirty disease)

rbziggy > You can only execute events from your skin (you can see them under the SKIN element in the F2/Events/Events list). You have to indicate the group and the event name like this example music:play
For those who wanted to understand more, all the incoming treatments parameters are visible in the events.xml file under plugins\xap-xlobby\schema directory.
For each incoming message you have a bloc like this
Code: Select all
<message>
<name>new mail incomming</name>
<class>mail.incoming.new</class>
<address>*.*.*.*</address>
<body>
block=message
state=[date], you have [msg] new Mail(s) from [from]
text=subject : [subject]
</body>
<xlobby>goto:goto new mail</xlobby>
<device>address</device>
</message>

If Xap incoming message class = class field and Xap emitter address = address field then the plugin execute the xlobby event named like the xlobby field (in this example, the evnts named goto new mail in the goto group under skin events)
ptrinchi

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:30 pm

are there any downsides to making the xAP plugin triggers work for the instance name as well as vendor and device? i would like to have different triggers for different instances. thanks!

damage > No, you can’t do it. The only instance name you can have is the address of the sender xyz for you or the value of a field in the body of the message (not the field name but the value of this field like Failed or Success).

If you want to put an icon up for each server monitored you have to configure the Xap emitter to have one message per server with the server name as the address or a message with a body like
{
ping_name=abc
ping_status=Success
}
ptrinchi

Postby ptrinchi on Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:38 pm

Amblix > you want to manage X10 device with Xlobby ? like A1 on ?
If so did you use HomeSeer as interface ?
if not did you install X10-XAP application ?

Just remember that this plugin allow Xlobby to send and receive xap messages but you have to install and run before the XAPHUB to allow multiple XAP applications on your computer and also install all the XAP applications you need (for you, xap-X10 interface or HomeSeer with his xap-plugin)
ptrinchi

Postby damage on Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:11 pm

welcome back ptrinchi! hope you are feeling better. thanks for your reply.

ptrinchi wrote:

damage > No, you can’t do it. The only instance name you can have is the address of the sender xyz for you or the value of a field in the body of the message (not the field name but the value of this field like Failed or Success).

If you want to put an icon up for each server monitored you have to configure the Xap emitter to have one message per server with the server name as the address or a message with a body like
{
ping_name=abc
ping_status=Success
}
damage

Postby damage on Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:22 pm

any update on when the memory leak will be fixed?
damage

Postby CouchPotatoe on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:23 pm

Pierre - welcome back - and I hope you are feeling much better.

In your abscence somebody mentioned that you had identified and fixed (in some other applications you wrote) something that might be contributing to the issues that people are exeriencing with the memory leak. I wonder if you might be able to apply this to the xAP plugin ? I know there are some other feature requests too but this one is the bug that I keep receiving emails about @xapautomation.org

We have a couple of new things coming soon including xAPTSC which is similar to BSC but better handles 'telemetry' / sensor devices like temperature, pressure, speed etc. I can bring you up to date by direct email should you be interested. We also have a new xAP Framework release supporting .Net2 which may help you.

A couple of independent manufacturers have released embedded xAP devices including various I/O combinations, C-Bus, HomeVision, 1-wire , CallerIDand infra red devices. Shortly there will be an embedded xAP X10 controller too, so it's starting to be a nice complete offering with no PC required , and opens XLobby nicely into the home control market.

I do hope you will be onwardly supporting and developing the xAP plugin for XLobby - particularly now with XLobby's bright new commercial future which should really expand the user base. Should you not be in a position to do this I wondered if you would be prepared to place the code into the public domain , or perhaps pass it (under suitable NDA) to us here at xAPAutomation where we can maybe get another developer to maintain and enhance it.

Cheers Kevin
CouchPotatoe

Previous