xlobby build-in player breaks sound in zoomplayer

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

xlobby build-in player breaks sound in zoomplayer

Postby klimekt on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:53 pm

I've been using Xlobby along with Zoomplayer for a long time now to control my home theater. Recently I decided to upgrade to the newest pre-release and ever since sound in Zoomplayer doesn't work. If I start Zoomplayer first, start playback of a DVD and then start xlobby everything is fine, but if I start xlobby first, then start Zoomplayer playback I get no sound. I believe the new build-in player in xlobby is "stealing" the sound from Zoomplayer. I have 2 screens (projector and touchscreen) so I really need to use Zoomplayer for playback. Is there a way to disable the build-in player?

Also, I tried to go back to the old version of xlobby, but that no longer works, it gets stuck on the "Loading settings" screen. I'm guessing there are new incompatible settings added to one of the config files. Anyone know how to edit the config files so they work again with older versions of xlobby?

TIA, Tomasz
klimekt

Re: xlobby build-in player breaks sound in zoomplayer

Postby m_ski on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:17 am

Anyone know how to edit the config files so they work again with older versions of xlobby?

Just delete xlobby.xml and then xlobby will create a new default one for you. Then exit xlobby, copy in all of your settings from your original xlobby.xml where the lines exist, start xlobby again and it should all work.
m_ski

Re: xlobby build-in player breaks sound in zoomplayer

Postby klimekt on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.
Am I the only one that has problems with sound in Zoomplayer with the new version of Xlobby? BTW, I'm running digital audio pass-thru via a Soundblaster Audigy SE.
klimekt