kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:35 am

Posting them would be great...thanks!!!
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:19 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:Second thing is that P3rvtalk is in the plugin directory, but indicates that it is offline...even though it does load up P3rvhub fine...Is this normal?

Last but not least I add the varibles to bring up graphic bars in xlobby, but I get a response - "Does Not Compute" (looks rather funny when using Wingdings).

I am having the same issues marbles was having with these two items.
When I go to my setup F2 and look at the plugins I see xPert "offline"

Here is what my slider bar is looking like:

Guess I need a little more direction...I've been reading all the treads on this but can't seem to get it. Help!!!

From what I have read I should have my folders structured in this way for pervhub and xpert to work properly:
Image Image
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Try not to use "_"- charatcer in alias names for registers or slides... that might be inerpreted as separator between screen name / alias and so might lead incorrect parsing within new xPErt. Allthough im very doubtful this is source of your actual problem, worth to try anyway, and all i can come up with now...

Mayby others can provide more useful help... also it would be more helpful if we could see whole variable in the picture. EDIT: and mayby .ini files also.

PS. kind of nice u included furniture with floorplan... makes it more cozy.

PPS. do not worry too much about "offline"-statement, its prolly caused by bug, i think Marb has still it stating offline yet system is working fine.

EDIT: there is something wrong in your directory structure, i dont know if u r filtering it somehow, but kXd.exe (like devices in general) should be located within PervWare directory. On otherhand autorun.ini which is responsible of launching devices when PervTalk is initiated should be within main pervtalk directory, not in PervWare subfolder.
Last edited by P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:50 pm

Concerning the Offline status. I think it still reports that, but it seems to be working for me. At the time, I was having all sorts of other problems, I may have blamed it on that status indicator. I think I've taken out all underscores (_) as well. It's all working now (been going good for a while).

My only problem is when I close down Xlobby for any reason, Pervhub does not close. Manually closing it then crashes it. Other than that...all's good.

I had furniture in my floor plan but opted to remove it...thought it may look too busy, but I like how yours is coming together...looks sharp (no pun intended).
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:13 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:My only problem is when I close down Xlobby for any reason, Pervhub does not close. Manually closing it then crashes it. Other than that...all's good.

That is how it is planned to operate. Allthough PervTalk was initially conceived Xlobby in mind... already before birth it had developed to be independent. If i have xPErt to kill it when Xlobby is closed, i might interfer with some other applications using PervTalk for their intersoftware communication.

Above is just not words or high goals either... Ive been working on FEEd (Front End Engine Device) for pervtalk, since current future of xlobby is full of unanswered questions. If everything turns out to be good on XL-front, role of FEEd will just be pervtalk native debugging frontend for devices with minimal functionality. If the worst should happen, I have no intension of abondoning the hobby, but ill be forced to build FEEd to fullfledged custombuilt frontend to satisfy my needs, cause other currently available applications dont come even near what XL has to offer.

Crashing at manual close is bug though... i just never considered it important enough to be fixed.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby scalt on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:My only problem is when I close down Xlobby for any reason, Pervhub does not close. Manually closing it then crashes it. Other than that...all's good.

I just modified the exit xlobby event and added a os kill process for pervhub.exe

Works for me and if anything crashes or stops working, people can just close and reopen xlobby and everything starts up fresh
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 pm

Thanks scalt, I might try that idea. I don't shut Xlobby down on the server too often. Only time I do now is when I've made some change, or trying something out that warrents PervTalk to be shutdown completely to accept all changes. I think I read that in a previous post that in order for PervTalk changes to take place, everything must be shut down and restarted...didn't I?
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:29 pm

scalt wrote:

I just modified the exit xlobby event and added a os kill process for pervhub.exe

Works for me and if anything crashes or stops working, people can just close and reopen xlobby and everything starts up fresh

After thinking this for a while... i realised that i could make it so that if PervTalk is brought up by particular device and that device has been other participant in all communication since that, i could bring PervHub down after that device exits.

But i think all this would just unnessarily bloat the pervhub with recordkeeping functions. So i think this Scalt approach is the best and now on "the official" ;) way to shutdown PervHub after closing Xlobby.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:24 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Mayby others can provide more useful help... also it would be more helpful if we could see whole variable in the picture. EDIT: and mayby .ini files also.

Made some changes to my folder structure:
Image Image

My autorun.ini looks like this:
Code: Select all
kXd Card1 card1 0

My default.ini looks like this:
AuxFront:0:2:0x8002
CompFront:0:2:0x8003
AuxCenter/Sub:0:3:0x8002
CompCenter/Sub:0:3:0x8003
AuxRear:0:4:0x8002
CompRear:0:4:0x8003
FadeToAux{
AuxFront:1000
AuxCenter/Sub:1000
AuxRear:1000
CompFront:0
CompCenter/Sub:0
CompRear:0
}
FadeToComp{
AuxFront:0
AuxCenter/Sub:0
AuxRear:0
CompFront:1000
CompCenter/Sub:1000
CompRear:1000
}

My kXmixer looks like this:

Not sure what you mean by
it would be more helpful if we could see whole variable in the picture.

I think this may be what you are talking about...I am using this variable in a text box to create a fade bar.
plugin>xPerT>Variable>CompFront>kX driver>CompFront bar
Last edited by sharp_1 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Now when I reboot xLobby I am getting this error....any ideas?
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:44 pm

My autorun.ini looks like this:
Code:
kXd Card1 card1 0

Your autorun.ini is incorrect. It should reference one of the two .ini files in your pervware folder (default or xxx...most likely the default.ini as you reference that in your post).

Example, my autorun.ini file is this:
kXd Card1 default2 0
kXd1 Card2 default1 1

(got two cards)
the defaultx is the .ini files in my pervware directory.

That may be where your error is coming from, the autorun.ini doesn't know what to reference.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT*
I take it that you noticed that you have an output of an EQ that is not even connected. Judging by the amount of GPRs, it is safe to say that it is an Audigy card. Is it 7.1? If so, why don't you wire in the forth zone? Also, you don't need the peak meters in the DSP. Only use one, and only if you aren't actually getting an actual output signal. They don't add anything to the DSP, and actually, though minor, use GPRs for no reason.

One other thing I noticed, some of the routes to your Epilog...are you getting sound out? I know cards are diffenent from each other, but I'm not sure if that is a proper connection. The third EQ going to the first Epilog channels look okay, but the first two EQ may not be hooked up correctly.
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Also since u r using FXmix instead of st mix registers have different meaning... Marbles figured them out for FX mixers on another post... it seems allthough 0x8003 refers to one of the inputs, that 0x8002 is referring some mono thingy, whether this could cause the error, i dont know, mayby Marb can tell, since he is actually tested it.

Generally u can find these values for registers of plugins with kxctrl application delivered with kX distribution.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:58 pm

Yeah your right P3rv, I didn't notice that. View this post:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5441

about 1/2 way down. Maybe your intentions were to use the mono input, but your not connected to it. Your ini file should contain 0x8003, 0x8004, and 0x8005, in accordance to your DSP setup.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 am

Marbles_00 wrote:I take it that you noticed that you have an output of an EQ that is not even connected. Judging by the amount of GPRs, it is safe to say that it is an Audigy card. Is it 7.1? If so, why don't you wire in the forth zone?

Yes its definetely audigy it says 10k2 down there... also i think its audigy 2 since its sb0243, my audigy 2 is sb0240.

But in reality even lowliest live! is 8 channel card... u can output 8 discreet analog channels from it... cards like sb0240 are capable outputting 10 discreet analog channels, yet creative calls them "6.1"

EDIT: after some rethinking, not all of the cards have physical port (and mayby also not DAC) to output last two channels (headphones).

EDIT: If u have amplifiers capable to accept digital signals... and use ASIO for inputing signals to DSP... well it even hurts my head to try to count how many zones single sb0240 can serve :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:05 am

Here is the IO assignments for my card: http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/io.php?language=en

I have 3 of the 4 FXmixers working (was hoping I could get the 4th to work in mono but don't have the the proper plugin jack. I kept the peak plugin connected to see if any signal was being sent. I think my card is a 6.1 card SB0243, even though the guy I bought it off said it was a SB0350 7.1 card (didn't know at the time what to look for).

Bear, how would I use the kxctrl application to see what my register values are?

Marbles: The only place I was able to see the 0x8003, 0x8004, and 0x8005, outputs was is from the FXbus...is that correct? If so my 8003 is not connected to anything (see above). I got rid of the peak plugins and the 4th FXmixer so at least thats cleaned up for now.
sharp_1

PreviousNext