InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby scottw on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:50 pm

That's weird that you asked, I was trying to figure that out. Now my media player launches if there is a trailer or not. I will keep looking, if you find a way let me know.
scottw

Postby hvs69 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:34 pm

scottw wrote:That's weird that you asked, I was trying to figure that out. Now my media player launches if there is a trailer or not. I will keep looking, if you find a way let me know.

I use the media player classic command-line option to achieve this

I don't remember the name of the exe file, but let's say it is mpc.exe

mpc.exe <URL> /fullscreen /play /close

The /play switch is like auto-play and mandatory for /close switch
The /close switch closes the application after the trailer is complete.

Therefore, if there is no <URL>, /close is executed immediately. In practice, you don't even see the MPC window when there is no trailer.

The only thing that is bugging me is that when MPC fires up to play the trailer, I see the small window for the first couple of seconds even though I have /fullscreen in the command-line.
hvs69

Postby m_masta on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:28 pm

hvs69 wrote:
scottw wrote:That's weird that you asked, I was trying to figure that out. Now my media player launches if there is a trailer or not. I will keep looking, if you find a way let me know.

Therefore, if there is no <URL>, /close is executed immediately. In practice, you don't even see the MPC window when there is no trailer.

The only thing that is bugging me is that when MPC fires up to play the trailer, I see the small window for the first couple of seconds even though I have /fullscreen in the command-line.

Yes, that works, that is the command line I was using, so when there is no trailer, it does seem transparent... MPC never "opens"
But what I wonder, is there a way for me to hide/show my "play trailer" button, depending on whether or not the trailer exists.
Should be fun, I'll try to see what I can dig up.
m_masta

Postby scottw on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:48 pm

hvs69 wrote:

Awesome I'll try it.
scottw

Postby scottw on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:29 pm

hvs69 wrote:

Works great, thanks!!!
scottw

Postby hvs69 on Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:39 pm

Hey tswhite,

I was wondering how you accomplished animation for movie stills. I would like to do something like this for radar maps and satellite images.

Thanks.
hvs69

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:02 am

Hey tswhite, I'm having a script problem with a particular movie. The script starts up fine, it finds 14 entries, it gets to the the fifth movie of the list, which is the new movie "RV" (with Robbin Williams) and gets halted at "RV Fomatting Output". I turned trailers off. I thought that it may be something with the website, so I waited for a few hours, but it is pretty continuous. Always with the movie RV.

Hope that you can help shed some light as to what the script may be looking for that RV is not providing.

David.
Marbles_00

Postby m_masta on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:28 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Hey tswhite, I'm having a script problem with a particular movie. The script starts up fine, it finds 14 entries, it gets to the the fifth movie of the list, which is the new movie "RV" (with Robbin Williams) and gets halted at "RV Fomatting Output". I turned trailers off. I thought that it may be something with the website, so I waited for a few hours, but it is pretty continuous. Always with the movie RV.

Hope that you can help shed some light as to what the script may be looking for that RV is not providing.

David.

Same here... so not only is "RV" a bad movie, it hurts Xlobby scripts too :lol:
m_masta

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:41 am

:lol:

Curious to know though what is so different in the "RV" html language, that it is capable of corupting the script?

Unfortunately too, it looks like we won't be able to get any further movie updates until there is a fix of somesort :cry: .

Hopefully it won't be too difficult to fix.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:14 pm

The script has an overall rating system, if you try to parse a really horrible movie it will fail....

Not really, stupid sorttitle variable code was checking the 1st 3 characters for "The", so in the case of RV you get an exception. Anyhow, should be fixed now.

I'm still working on the MovieTickets version of the code, it's pretty much done I just need to do a little more error checking. I'm also going to switch over to the XscriptNG plugin so I can implement my own Class for showtimes information (we'll see how that works...). Once I get that version out, hopefully soon, I'll go back and tackle trailers again with Xpath queries of ITunes.

v1.4: http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby m_masta on Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Works great now.
One question though:
Is the script suppose to exit out after an error? I had my path written down wrong, and rightfully so it notified me on the "intheaters_progress" overlay window, but I could not exit out of it, I had to Alt-Ctrl-Del. (I don't have a close button on the overlay since the script closes it out automatically).

Thanks for the update.
m_masta

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:35 pm

I'm not much of a programmer to be honest, most of my experience is with admin type scripts with no error handling - they don't need to be user friendly. I've added some code to handle bad path variables real quick, I'll try and make the next version a little more user friendly when handling errors.

I don't have a close button on my progress overlay either, but I did make the whole thing a close button (ie the background image) so I can close it when I want to....

v1.5: http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

tsw
tswhite70

Postby m_masta on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 pm

tswhite70 wrote:I'm not much of a programmer to be honest, most of my experience is with admin type scripts with no error handling - they don't need to be user friendly. I've added some code to handle bad path variables real quick, I'll try and make the next version a little more user friendly when handling errors.

I don't have a close button on my progress overlay either, but I did make the whole thing a close button (ie the background image) so I can close it when I want to....

v1.5: http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

tsw

gotcha... I should probably do the same considering there would be no other reason to click on the progress screen.
m_masta

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:08 pm

Thanks tswhite70, its running great now. :lol:

I'm not much of a programmer to be honest

:shock: Gees, for not being a programmer, you sure have done a great job with this script. Keep up the good work.

David
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Mon May 01, 2006 3:54 am

hvs69 - Forgot to reply to your inquiry on the stills... that's internal Xlobby code. If your database has a <stills> section for an item (outside of the <information> tag), Xlobby will display the stills (<still>) randomly. Which actually reminds me, I wish it wasn't random - it can have a random starting point each time you enter that category item, but after that it should progress through each of the stills. I've sat and watched a particular movie's stills and seen the same image come up 4 times and a row, or watched for 5 minutes and never seen all the stills - I guess I'll make a low priority request of Steven.

As for randomizing your radar maps, seems like you could do it a couple different ways. You could create a Weather database with an item of RadarMaps, and an item of Sat Images. Inside those items you could put the appropriate url's as stills. Let Xlobby do the rest (I'm assuming you can put a URL for a still, I've never tried).

Or you could create an event that triggered on entering the screen. That event would contain a bunch of show/hide commands for each of the radar images separated with a Timer wait event. The last step on the event could be for it to call itself so that the animation continues.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

PreviousNext