Fire a plugin manually? (XANT question)

Xlobby plugin development

Fire a plugin manually? (XANT question)

Postby gravy on Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Guys,

I searched but couldn't come up with an answer. Can I trigger an event to run a plugin "manually", rather than having to shut down xlobby and restart?

Let's say I have xlobby up and running and I use the Xant plugin to parse my AntMovieCatalog database. Whenever I add a new entry in my AntMovieCatalog, I have to shut down xlobby and restart it in order for the new movie entry to appear in Xlobby.

Am i missing somethin? I'd much rather just hit a button to have Xant reparse the database and not have to restart xlobby.

Is this possible? Dumb question? :)

Merry xmas
Last edited by gravy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gravy

Postby dalanik on Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:24 am

IMHO, it's more an xAnt issue, than Xlobby one. Plugins are loaded on XLobby startup. Theoretically, XAnt could do it's job even after startup, and this is one of the things I'd like too. So we can only hope someone from the French team reads this... :-)

D.
dalanik

Postby gravy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:01 am

dalanik wrote:IMHO, it's more an xAnt issue, than Xlobby one. Plugins are loaded on XLobby startup. Theoretically, XAnt could do it's job even after startup, and this is one of the things I'd like too. So we can only hope someone from the French team reads this... :-)

D.

I agree D. I added xAnt to the thread title to hopefully catch some attention in the new year. :)
gravy

Postby badubo on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am

This feature exists from a while ;)

you must call the command "Rebuild" with as argument, the section name (the one from the .ini) of the database you want to rebuild
badubo

Postby gravy on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:13 pm

badubo wrote:This feature exists from a while ;)

you must call the command "Rebuild" with as argument, the section name (the one from the .ini) of the database you want to rebuild

All along, right in front of my eyes! Merci mille fois, Badubo! It worked great for me.
gravy