Question about "category:save db to xml"

Xlobby plugin development

Question about "category:save db to xml"

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:46 am

Since we yet have no development subforum. Im putting this thread to here.

It might very well be that im mistaken, but i feel that with some earlier version i had to call "category:save db to xml" command to actually make changes, i had made with "category:variable set", to persistant, also entering setup was enough to make changes persistant.

Now with current exe it seems that changes made with "category:variable set" are persistant right away, even if u kill, quit or exit shortly after changes.

Devs what do u think? am i dreaming here? or has behaviour changed? Or mayby u have some observations or better understanding of relationship of these commands? and incase im dreaming, what exactly is the function of "save db to xml".

Earlier the "old functionality" was extra pain in the a$$, but now when that pain would be needed for certain extra fault tolerance function i have planned into xpert it seems to be gone :(
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby m_ski on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:47 pm

'save db to xml' was added after I found an issue that the database was not saved after sorting it.
If you change a database item the database is saved but if you just sort it then it is not saved. This command allows you keep the xml file on disk synchronised with the sort order shown in xlobby.
m_ski