7th Pre-Release Ready

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Re: 7th Pre-Release Ready - fat client surprise

Postby Jay on Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:42 pm

I just set up my first fat client - sort of. I thought I'd just copy the server folder over, license it and tweak it for client use.

XL reset everything to an out-of-the box config in the new client. I also can't get some functionality. For example, if I try to substitute the default lighting screen for the one I actually use, the menu edit button doesn't respond. (it doesn't respond to any selected database). I manually changed it in the menu.xml but still there is no change.

Looks like I need to copy screens over one by one? Has anyone else tried to copy the server they've modded, licensed it and seen this?
Jay

Re: 7th Pre-Release Ready

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 pm

Jay,

Do an actual install first on that machine THEN copy over the skins folders, etc. That will probably work better.
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:38 pm

Yup, that's what I was afraid of. Ain't like FreeLobby. But hey, it's worth it for such a great product. I suppose I could just copy everything except for XL core and the license.
Jay

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Yeah, all the subdirectories and even the xlobby.xml to keep any custom configs
THe "license" won't copy over anyway. Each install generates a new code, then enter that code in the "my xlobby" license area, then click on ACTIVATE in new install of xLobby (assuming you have 2 licenses to play with).
hehehe not like free-lobby ... this one actually does an install and shows up in Add-Remove programs!
cmhardwick

Postby Jay on Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:55 pm

I got 3 licenses, just in case. I'm already activated on the fat client so I'll just go ahead and copy folders over.

And - thanks :D
Jay

Postby Jay on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:44 pm

worked fine.
Jay

Postby thekochs on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Guys, I'm going crazy........I'm really struggling with what should be a simple thing in XL 7.x.

I have Steven's default skin loaded, my database screen looks like fine (eg. Import Type: Movie, DVD Profiler Settings: all movies). I have the Folder BROWSE pointing to DVD Profiler My Docs database....the XML BROWSE pointing to the DVD Profiler 3.x XML export file. In the movie screen I see the coverarts but no movie info. I go to edit Database and click on any of the movies and coverart is there but no other info. The path for IFO is correct and also to the Profiler database where the coverart is...MyDocs. If I go to Media Folders and delete the database and Import there....or in Database tab....the coverarts get updated but it says no Profiler info imported.....shows 0. From XL 7.x I can run the movies fine....of course no movie data shows up. In XL FREE (with conversion for 3.x to 2.4) all my movie info gets imported fine.

Is there something in the MetaMasks or elsewhere I need to check ?

Any other thoughts ?

UPDATE: I re-exported a DVD Profiler 3.x XML tried...no luck. I looked in the XML and all the movie info was there. I even went in XL 7.x movie database Editor and used movie.xlobby.com to download the movie info....that worked. So, for some reason I'm missing something that I had in XL FREE (aside from 3.x to 2.4 conversion) that is not setup in XL 7.x to see/import my movie meta info. Any places to look and/or screen shots of the various F2 tabs would be really appreciated !!!!
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Sounds like you may be pointing to the wrong directory when trying to load your DVDpro3 collection.xml. I would just save the collection.xml to your c:\ and setup xl as shown.

Maybe also take a look at this help guide (its old but should help you grasp the concept). http://xlobby.help.googlepages.com/Impo ... Xlobby.pdf

Good luck!!!
sharp_1

Postby thekochs on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:31 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Sounds like you may be pointing to the wrong directory when trying to load your DVDpro3 collection.xml. I would just save the collection.xml to your c:\ and setup xl as shown.

Maybe also take a look at this help guide (its old but should help you grasp the concept). http://xlobby.help.googlepages.com/Impo ... Xlobby.pdf

Good luck!!!

I did this.....of course it is not named collection.xml....and resides in a MyDocs subdirectory.......but I have the XML folder path pointing to it. It's wierd beause it works in XL FREE (obviously, I have to do a 3.x to 2.4 XML conversion). Guess I'll have to spend some time and compare the exact differences in my XL FREE and XL 7.x database setup for Profiler. Besides this section does anything else effect/turn-off/filter and Profiler import ?...example like the metamasks ? Why would the coverart come in and not the rest of the info ?...is it because this is pulled seperately from other "Folder" path where DVD Profiler database is ?
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:25 pm

Hold on. What is it called? This XML path needs to point to the actual DVD Export file, NO CONVERSION BY TOM GAINES SOFTWARE, etc.

Unless you change the setting when exporting the file, DVD Profiler exports to C:\collection.xml.
cmhardwick

Postby thekochs on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:57 am

cmhardwick wrote:Hold on. What is it called? This XML path needs to point to the actual DVD Export file, NO CONVERSION BY TOM GAINES SOFTWARE, etc.
Unless you change the setting when exporting the file, DVD Profiler exports to C:\collection.xml.

Let me try to clarify...........

In DVD Profiler 3.x I export ALL ITEMS to a file called HTPC Movie Collection.xml. I locate this in MyDocs folder under DVD Profiler 3.x. Then in the past I used Tom Gaines CCViewer to import from the HTPC Movie Collection.xml and export to a file called HTPC Movie Collection Converted.xml. This file is located in MyDocs under CCViewer folder. Then in XL FREE I point the Folder BROWSE to the MyDocs Profiler Database and the XML BROWSE to HTPC Movie Collection Converted.xml. I launch XL FREE and F2, import, everything works fine (except Tom's bug in past). In XL 7.x I have the same Folder BROWSE path but XML BROWSE is pointing to the orgional HTPC Movie Collection.xml (unconverted 3.x export). I go into XL 7.x and import, I get coverart but no movie info. I open the HTPC Movie XML and the movie info is there.

Ugh....this should be so simple....something has to be rigth in front of my face I'm not seeing...ugh.
Last edited by thekochs on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
thekochs

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:18 am

You do not need to convert the DVDpro3 into Pre7...its ready to go as is!!!
Last edited by sharp_1 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharp_1

Postby thekochs on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:56 am

sharp_1 wrote:You do not need to convert the DVDpro3 into Pre7...its ready to do as is!!!

I'm not....only for XL FREE am I doing conversion. For XL 7.x I'm just pointing to origional export file. Guess Sunday I'll look at screen shots of XL FREE and XL 7.x to see if any discrepancies jump out at me other than the XML file being converted vs. non-converted. I was hoping there was some other new item in XL 7.x for Profiler import (other than lack of conversion need for XML) that was different than XL FREE that was my gotcha.
thekochs

Postby cmhardwick on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:37 am

try this. Forget the (imho unnecessarily) long file name. Just leave it "collection.xml" Xlobby could be having some wierd problem with the long name or the spaces in it. Also, export it to c:\. Eliminate all those variables. Export DVD Pro to C:\collection.xml, set this as the XML in xLobby 7 (as you call it) and try the import.
cmhardwick

Postby dalanik on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:52 pm

Steven,

I just installed preview 7 and started to change my skin from freelobby to incorporate some new features of pre7. First thing I tried was internal media player.

While it works fine with most of the avi's, i noticed a couple of problems.

First of all, the player seems to dissapear when there is overlay. And while it reappears on overlay close, the video is paused. If the player can't work on open overlay, could it at least restore play state to the one that was actual when the overlay opened?

Second and (for me) more important thing is, that when it doesn't find a file (using category play), it then refuses to play even files that are available.

Let me explain. I have movies that are on HTPC, and that are on NAT. The NAT is not always on. So, when I select play for a file that is on NAT, and NAT is off, if, ofcourse, doesn't play this file. But when I afterwards go to the file that is localy on HTPC, it doesn't play it either.

D.
dalanik

PreviousNext