Xlobby Beta Testing

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Postby scottw on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 am

Wayne123 wrote:I ordered the one you have right after I got off the phone with Calrad,
I believe they have the right to charge whatever they want but it was too expensive for me. I hope the price was in error but I asked the saleswoman to repeat the price and she told me the same thing.

As far as it being the same exact model, I don't know but the case looks the same, it is possible that the Calrad model has a higher quality touchscreen monitor in the same case as the Liliputt.

I agree!!! I don't want to make an assumtion but that is way to high for me also. Hopefully Wes will chime in here and set it straight :D
scottw

Calrad Touchscreens

Postby wesblack on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:30 pm

Products that are available from oversea's may look the same, don't be fooled, they do not use the same components inside, often have no warranties to back them up. I have bought some Touch Screens from China that look like ours and that have been copied to look like similar models that are available from companies we purchase from in Taiwan. Other factories often knock off these products down to the smallest physical detail making it impossible to tell the difference from the part they copied. factorys that make knock offs often use inferior components to create a cheaper, inferior product. The touch screens we purchased from china kept shuting off after 5-10 minutes of use, also the resolution was not what was stated, think about it how long will it last and where will you send it to be repaired when it fails.

Try returning a unit that you buy on E-Bay or direct from a oversea's factory. Parts from unknown vendors often result in mixed parts to build these items, you never know what you will get!, in one order a good touch screen and in the next a completely different unit with poor video or different specifications. Some of the companies are trading companies that are here today and gone tomorrow, trying to make a quick buck on anything they can blow out or can sell on that day and oh yeah forget about receiving any support.

Some people out there may get good results from products that they are purchasing direct from oversea's and be happy and so be it, liliput is a good company, if you can buy direct and you are happy do-it. I am sure if you purchased products you buy from home Depot and the go directly to there vendors, the pricing may be cheaper as well, but are you going to call all there vendors to buy all the parts you need to fix your house. Your time and peace of mind has to be woth something.

We are running a 50 year + busineess and are here to provide quality products that installation companies can rely on not just week-end hobbiest looking for deals on 1 piece purchases. We sell to customers who use 5 or more touch screens in a system and need them to work and be consistant. We also have in-wall kits and other interface accessories that we have invested substantual R & D to insure the products we sell support home theater based systems installers and system integrators. We hope our knowledege, support products and customer support means something.

We will always try to remain competitive in the Market place and when we can lower the pricing of items in our line we will do so.

Sincerely,

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby scottw on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I just did not know it would cost $1350 for a 10.4" touchscreen :shock:
scottw

Postby wesblack on Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:43 pm

Scott,

That price does not look right, the 10.4" model desktop retails for $ 750.00 and up, please contact me. Someone may have mis quoted you, if you do not meet the criteria as a installer or distributor for pricing, please E-Mail me at: mailto:wesblack@calrad.com or call 323-465-1231.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:23 pm

$750 sounds much more reasonable to me. In-wall close to same cost?
cmhardwick

Postby Wayne123 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Yes the price of In wall touchscreens I have seen go from $695 to insanely expensive if they have an integrated computer. The Fujitsu tablet PC computers I am using in my home Automation listed for $3600-$3900 when new. I don't mind paying for better quality and a good warranty. I thought $1350 was much too high for a table top touchscreen but even $750 seems high so had I been quoted that price instead I would have still passed on it. I would of still had to buy the In-wall mount
for it.

If I was a C.I. I could just pass the price on to the customer.
Wayne123

Previous