Need to be on the correct track, me that is

Speak your mind

Need to be on the correct track, me that is

Postby STLJ on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 pm

I am trying to free Ver of Xlobby and I am not sure if I have the corrrect Ver, after about 5 min of playing I get
"This version of xLobby has expired and will now exit, please upgrade to the latest version"
What Ver should I have?
I have also email Wes about a full Ver running my own hardware but no responce.
Any pointers would be great, and on another note it seems that the boards here got very quite.
Any one care to comment. Can't be everyone has there systems running in peek condition.
Thanks in advance
Sean
STLJ

Re: Need to be on the correct track, me that is

Postby samsonlov on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 am

Hey Sean,

If you are using the "free trial" version then your Version Number should look something like this: 3.0.####.## and it expires after the trial period.
If you are using a copy of one of the old builds, (the last "free" version) your Version number should look something like this: 2.0.8###.#.

I heard Wes is on vacation - he deserves it with all the hours he puts in.
If you can post your question on the forum I'm sure someone will try to answer it.
Samson
:)
samsonlov

Postby STLJ on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:45 am

Samson, thank you for the reply.
Nice to see some activity in the forms.
Where do I find the 3.0.####.## and or 2.0.8###.#, or maby point me in the direction of the last "free" version.
I had played with Xlobby a number of years back and liked what I had saw very much so.
Now I am at a point where I can do something with my knowlage and quirks, always wanted to come back to this program.
Any advice or pointers are welcome, but I do plan to keep it simple and clean for the most part.

Regards
Sean
STLJ

Postby wesblack on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:28 am

Hey Samson............Happy Holidays......Hope the family is good.............!

Ok the older versions of xLobby V3 for download and evaluation expired after 45 days we have changed this so after 45 days the program will still work but will have a nag screen.

Sean, if you need more time to evaluate the program, contact Bob Adams again to get the latest release then you can continue to evaluate xLobby past 45 days.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby samsonlov on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 am

STLJ wrote:Samson, thank you for the reply.
Nice to see some activity in the forms.
Where do I find the 3.0.####.## and or 2.0.8###.#, or maby point me in the direction of the last "free" version.
I had played with Xlobby a number of years back and liked what I had saw very much so.
Now I am at a point where I can do something with my knowlage and quirks, always wanted to come back to this program.
Any advice or pointers are welcome, but I do plan to keep it simple and clean for the most part.

Regards
Sean

You're welcome Sean.

In V3, use Alt-F2 to enter setup and look at the "build information".
Version.JPG

Or just go to the xlobby folder and look at the properties of "xlobby.exe"
Version_b.JPG

I don't remember anything about V2, and although there are many out there who still use it, I couldn't imagine going back now that I've upgraded all my clients' old V2 installs to V3. And since I've installed so many new V3 systems for clients, and because it is also what I have at home, there's just no benefit for me to remember anything about V2. The client/server ("xnet") features, along with RS232 control of all system equipment - plus legacy control for older protocols like X-10, just makes V3 the best solution for me and for my clients. There is a section here on the forum for V2 where those still using V2 share all kinds of plugins and other "tips and tricks" check that section out if you're using V2.
Samson
:)
samsonlov

Postby samsonlov on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 am

wesblack wrote:Hey Samson............Happy Holidays......Hope the family is good.............!

Wes Black \ Calrad

Yeah the "family" is all great,

I hope you and "J" are having a wonderful time skiing. You deserve it!

I havn't been on the forum that much since I started my new "project":
Ocean Samson - Tongues.jpg
Ocean - 1 Day Old

http://www.superliciousdesign.com/oceanlov
(The site is best viewed with a screen-resolution of at least 1280x1024)
If everything goes according to plan, the official release will be in about 18 years. :lol:

Remember night feedings?

It's all amazing! :D
samsonlov

Postby STLJ on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 pm

Samson, once again thankyou for the reply.
I was able to find a copy of V2 off some of the members links that will do for now.

As for the V3, will it ever be released in a software only? (not directed at you in general Samson)

All the best in the new year everyone.

Sean
STLJ