Launching DVD video files with zoomplayer (hanging?)

Help each other out

Launching DVD video files with zoomplayer (hanging?)

Postby SMH on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:46 pm

I am attempting to set up xlobby to launch movies from my HDD (ripped vob files). I have everything working well, except when the cover art is selected and the movie is launched, the zoomplayer splash screen "hangs" there until I left click or otherwise, then the movie is launched. I have autoplay set in zoomplayer, but it almost seems that it loses focus or otherwise when going from xlobby to zoomplayer. I have the sendfocus.exe file, but not sure how to use it or if this is indeed the issue. I want a seemless transition from selecting the cover art and the movie starting, ie the movie immediatly launch after the cover art is selected (I would even prefer not seeing the zoomplayer splash page if possible - anyone have the answer?
Thanks.
SMH

Re: Launching DVD video files with zoomplayer (hanging?)

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm

It sounds more like a Zoom Player setting issue. You mentioned toggling Autoplay...was that for disk insert or on file select? Unfortunately, I'm not sitting in front of a computer that has Zoom Player installed right now so I can't say for sure. Also there are controls that define mouse functions and keyboard functions, could one of those have been adjusted to start playing when pressing the left mouse button? I'm not sure, but maybe those toggles over weigh the autoplay function?
I would even prefer not seeing the zoomplayer splash page if possible - anyone have the answer?

You can always change the splash screen images, they are just .bmp files in the Zoom Player directory. There are two, one for DVD, and one for file media. You could make your own personal logo, or just have a black screen. Though I'm not sure, short of deleting the files, that there is a toggle to not display the splash screens.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm

SMH wrote:I am attempting to set up xlobby to launch movies from my HDD (ripped vob files). I have everything working well, except when the cover art is selected and the movie is launched, the zoomplayer splash screen "hangs" there until I left click or otherwise, then the movie is launched. I have autoplay set in zoomplayer, but it almost seems that it loses focus or otherwise when going from xlobby to zoomplayer. I have the sendfocus.exe file, but not sure how to use it or if this is indeed the issue. I want a seemless transition from selecting the cover art and the movie starting, ie the movie immediatly launch after the cover art is selected (I would even prefer not seeing the zoomplayer splash page if possible - anyone have the answer?
Thanks.

if u use sendfocus ON zoomplayer it pauses I think

what is your parameter for playing(under F2 file types) those files. Sounds like they are wrong.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby SMH on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Here is the parameter:

/f %playlist%

(Default listing in xlobby)

Thanks.
SMH

Postby lar282 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

try
%parameter% /MOUSEOFF /media /f /play
lar282

Postby SMH on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm

No luck with the parameter suggested.
It is odd; the splash screen will appear and nothing happens until I click anywhere on the screen and then it will launch into the movie immediately. That is why I was wondering about "losing focus"; however, I checked the playing information while the splash screen was up and it said "No Media Found". But when I simply click on the screen, it takes off immediately with the movie. Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
SMH

Postby lar282 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:07 am

Use notepad.exe instead of zplayer.exe with the play command. Then u will see if the file is correct that it is trying to play
lar282