how do i search on blank fields?

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

how do i search on blank fields?

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:25 pm

When ever a track or film is played it sets a lastplayed timestamp and a played tag to true...

this means that the stuff i havent played yet has no tag so how do i search on them?

"custom search>music>played>true" is ok
"custom search>music>played>" does not seam to do anything?
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Just like your XMoveTo, go trough each item in cat and ask if(Xhelper.ConvertVariable("%"+cat+">"+played+"%")="")
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:07 am

i might be being thick, but i dont see how that makes the un played ones show up on the list screen?

:)
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:26 am

foreach item in cat{ // in pseudo, really implemented like moveTo
if(Xhelper.ConvertVariable("%"+cat+">"+played+"%")="") Xhelper.SendCommand("command:category:variable set:"+cat+":playing:false");
}

then do custom search for false... in this case u will have only problems if there is no items with false... that case all items are presented in custom search AFAIK.

point was that i know for certain that convertvariable behaves ok with empty items... as long field exist... if it doesnt im not certain about behaviour.... but i presumed u have created the field for each item...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:55 am

ah, i see what you mean.

i was being lazy and did not want to go and add a load of <played>false<\played> tags :)

i could just stick a new option into xJumptTo to add a default value into a database, i just assumed something would let you search on "not equal to" feilds...
S Pittaway