Update tvguide.xml automatically

title says it all

Update tvguide.xml automatically

Postby lar282 on Wed May 18, 2005 1:30 pm

Thought I could share how I update my tvguide.xml.

Edit the pref.ini to suite your need. Help is in the ini file

start the epg_updaterV2.exe . It runs as a service and will not show up anywhere. The exe file checks your xml file for existing current date and if not found it will run your application of choise specified in the ini file. I use it with O2grabber.exe -grab and it works like a charm. No need for complicated Schedule task or autorun. Just put the exe in autorun and one doesn't have to worry about not having fresh epg info again.

The app will never try to run your xml grabber if it is already running if u specify the ini file correctly.

If u need more functions in the exe file let me know and I'll add it...

http://hem.passagen.se/lar282/xschedule/
zipfile is called epg_updaterV2.zip

//Lasse
lar282

Postby cwellsaz on Thu May 19, 2005 5:33 am

Yes I do like the concept here. This is the first time Ive used o2 grabber, I see the channels how do I get my local info. I dont see a place for me to enter a zip code it looks like it is set up for denmark or somewhere like that. Ok now that Ive edited the ini file I see with in xlobbys setup screen under epg that tvguid is an option. I am using the new defualt screen to test the epg function, but cant get it to display with in xlobby. is there a catagory and database that I may need to creat or a text command with in a box like you would use for a plugin?
cwellsaz

Postby lar282 on Thu May 19, 2005 6:04 am

Hi

U live in the states?

Currently o2grabber supports channel listings from the following countries:

Sweden
Norway
Denmark
UK (very limited support)

http://www.o2design.se/o2grabber/

I do not know what grabber works in the states but the other guys here on the forum can prob help u out. My little service will work on any program.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby cwellsaz on Thu May 19, 2005 6:22 am

ok ive been searching and still working on it, but I do understand the program and what it dose and really like it. I think once we all find the right grabber this will be sweet.
cwellsaz

Postby lar282 on Thu May 19, 2005 7:43 am

lar282