EventGhost help

Help each other out

EventGhost help

Postby Grooby on Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi

Ok, i'm stuck...and hope someone can help me...

I am trying to configure keyboard shortcuts with EventGhost to control Arcsoft TMT from within Xlobby.

I can set an event in EventGhost to trigger popup menu (as an example) ok by find window, emulate keystrokes.

Now i cannot figure out how i can get sendmessage in Xlobby to trigger the event in EventGhost. Can somebody post some pics of an example Xlobby sendmessage screen and the corresponding images of the steps taken in EventGhost to trigger the event that someone is using (any program you are controlling is fine) so i can see where i am going wrong. I have read descriptions but i must be dumb :?

Pics are easier to follow...

Thanks
Andy
Grooby

Re: EventGhost help

Postby wesblack on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:09 pm

Andy,

We will add this ability to xLobby, I thought we had this command already but I just went thru them and to my suprise we do not. Is this the only reason you use Event Ghost.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Grooby on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Well, i tried my Girder 3.3 copy in Vista but couldnt get it trigger shortcuts in Arcsoft at all, so i downloaded the new version, well, lets just say my brain exploded so i gave up.

EventGhost has the same feel as 3.3 and i can actually get shortcuts working for Arcsoft TMT which i could not for Girder. Just need to get Xlobby talking to EventGhost. This is only reason i am giving it a go.

Unless Xlobby has native shortcut commands and i have missed it???

Andy
Grooby

Postby lpg on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:03 am

Andy I used eventghost in the past but I did not use the sendmessage interface. I used the ir to capture button presses and then used the keystrokes t control the volume control for my high end audio card. It worked well until Vista. In Vista the audio control for my card stopped working.

Larry
lpg

Postby pvrnorth on Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm

You can send an event to EventGhost through the .exe, using Eventghost -e Event on the command line. So I just run this command line from Xlobby to communicate to Eventghost.

There is also a plugin to communicate the other way from Eventghost to Xlobby via xReceive, but I think I had to modify it slightly to get it to work with the latest Eventghost betas.
pvrnorth

Postby Grooby on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:02 pm

send an event to EventGhost through the .exe, using Eventghost -e Event on the command line

Ah, being a bit thick could you explain the steps in simple terms...thanks :?

Andy
Grooby

Postby pvrnorth on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:13 am

I've attached some screenshots.

The first one shows the Xlobby event configuration. You could name the event anything you want, but in this example it is Xlobby.Event, and then anything after is passed as a list as part of the event (this is optional).

I've also attached a screenshot of this event showing up in Eventghost. Hope this helps.
Attachments
xlobby3.png
Eventghost Event
xlobby3.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 8923 times
xlobby2.png
Xlobby Event Configuration
pvrnorth

Postby Grooby on Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:31 am

Thank you

When i get home from work i will give it a go :)

Andy
Grooby

Postby Grooby on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Well works on my XP test system triggering some actions in zoomplayer while i played around, now to try Arcsoft on main HTPC.

Does not work in Vista 32bit on my main system for some reason. Within EventGhost ok, within Xlobby no go, even though its same command???

I think i'm just gonna use my mouse for movies!
Grooby

Postby lpg on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am

Andy, I do not know if this is similar but my Lynx Two B volume control also did not work in Vista. Vista has changed something under the covers. I know for a fact that they bacically have the old XP sound subsystem as an abstracted layer over the new audio layer. When thay did this the keyboard control stopped working.
lpg

Postby pvrnorth on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 am

Are you saying you can't trigger an Eventghost event from Xlobby using Vista? This works for me, as I'm running Vista on one of my machines. I have Eventghost and Xlobby in c:\MyPrograms, not in c:\Program Files, to keep Vista happy though.
pvrnorth

Postby Grooby on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:39 am

Hmm, i will look into Program rather than Program Files...
Grooby