Weather modules not updating

Xlobby plugin development

Weather modules not updating

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Attention Xlobby gurus,

I have written a post about this before, but never got much of any feedback. I have tried both the Xoapweather plugin and the Xweather plugin, both retreive data initally and display it on the screen, but the data is never updated. I've tried the refresh command, going to the Update section in the plugins for those modules, but nothing seems to be able to do it properly.

Hence I've been forced to use Samurize and create my own weather page (thanks to the help of another post describing how to do it).

I'm creating an HDeeTV type of skin and tried to use Xweather to display information on the main menu on the bottom left corner. It display initial information but never updates.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Marbles_00

Postby Colby on Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:37 pm

When you say it never updates do you really mean it never updates. It may not update every second, but generally they updates 3-4 times a day as Ive seen. I say wait and tell me what the weather is tommorrow. Also are you always online?

And be careful making a HDee Tv Skin, I remember some time back, those Meedio folk got there panties in a bunch over this skin.
Colby

I mean it "NEVER" updates.

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:30 pm

Case in point:

Last night (early morning around 2:00am) I set up the Xweather date for location, current temperature, current forcast and current image. The initial data downloaded and displayed on my desktop fine.

It is now 5:13pm and the same information as what was downloaded early in the morning is still being displayed. Even though I have shut down Xlobby and restarted, tried to refresh numerous times and the sort. If I delete the information and re-enter it, then it will update. Not too sure how to submit an image file to show what I mean (never done that before).
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:35 pm

Oh and concerning the HDeeTV, I read that post last night...pretty funny how he figures all of a sudden his stuff can't be used, even though it is more or less open source. If the Meedio world is sooo worried about who uses images from their skins, well then they should be devising a system so as not to be able to duplicate. Let them spend the money to prevent it, and then watch Meedio charge more, and fall hard.

It won't be totally the same, as I am still new at all this, but out of respect (somewhat), that is why I will not post the full theme should I complete it. I don't need the headache.
Marbles_00

Noticed that Webcams are not updating either

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:38 am

I am trying to set up the webcam page for displaying local traffic cams, and I have noticed that the images have not updated since they were first downloaded. Now with three plugins performing the same way, what setting am I missing?

How do you set up xlobby to look past a firewall. But then the question, if my firewall is preventing xlobby from updating, how would I be able to attain the information the first time through.

Or is there something wrong with xlobby's refresh command. Should I be using some other command?

I guess I should also mention that I'm running Win2k, Xlobby 2 (plus update), and .Net 1.1 (I did have 2 beta, but heard that there were a ton of problems with it, so I un-installed it)
Marbles_00