need usb uirt plugin for xlobby2 in windows 7

Postby larryep on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:06 am

what comes with xlobby2 does not work in winows 7

thk you
larry
larryep

Re: need usb uirt plugin for xlobby2 in windows 7

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Are you sure it is the plugin? Or could you be using the wrong driver? Just speaking from experience :lol: , I've screwed that up in the past. I haven't tried a UIRT in win7 so other than what I mentioned above, I can't be more help. Oh, where do you have xlobby installed on the Win7 machine, in C:\ root or c:\program files\ ? I know from experience that xAnt would not work from c:\ of the win7 machine I have, and I finally figured out how to get xlobby to work in c:\program files\xlobby\ directory structure. That could also be the issue.

On a side, I've seen your AVS post. Awesome theater setup you have.
Marbles_00

Postby larryep on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 pm

thank you for replying and commenting on the theater.

I talked on the phone with Wes and Steven this morning. (they are really good guys for helping me)they sent me a 1.2 usb-uirt plugin. I tried that but the plug-in is still offline.
xlobby is in x86 program folder

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
here is my screen capture of plugin in xlobby

here is driver I am using

here is the about window in xlobby

thank you for any help
larryep

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:00 am

Your trying to run xlobby from the 64bit Program Files, which certain things may not like. If you have a regular Program Files directory, move your xlobby folder to that directory and try and run it from there. You may have to mess with the xlobby folder file rights, but this could be your issue. As mentioned, I couldn't get xlobby to work at all in the Program Files folder so I ran it under c:\ root. Then I found out xAnt would not update, to which I deduced it being the fact that xAnt wants to work under c:\Program Files\xlobby\plugins. So some messing with the folder/file rights, I finally got xlobby to work under Program Files, and everything is peachy.

Got the idea from mememe's post/response here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7232#p51635
Marbles_00

Postby larryep on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am

I did try moving the entire xlobby folder to a different path with no luck last night. Will try administrated rights also. So close but so far! thank you for your time.

All of these years of messing with xlobby I visited your xlobby site for the first time(what am I blind). Very, very nice, great work!

Larry
larryep

Postby capecodscot on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi,

I don't know if this helps but I run Windows 7 and in order for the USB-URT to work I have had to download the old driver which is ver 1.4 for Win XP. This installs perfectly and works no problem under Win 7 (This has happened on a couple of Win 7 builds). My Xlobby is not installed under 'Program Files' but just on the C Directory. All my media is stored on a seperate drive.

Good Luck.
capecodscot

Postby cx72go on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 am

How did you make the usb-uirt work in win 7 and xlobby 2?
cx72go

Postby capecodscot on Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:55 am

Just download the driver, plug in the USB UIRT and if Win 7 does not find them automatically choose the browse option and point to the downloaded driver and you should be good to go.
capecodscot

Postby cx72go on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 pm

capecodscot wrote:Just download the driver, plug in the USB UIRT and if Win 7 does not find them automatically choose the browse option and point to the downloaded driver and you should be good to go.

I have tried that but when i direct it to the Win xp drivers i will not use them, can i install the drivers maually some how??
cx72go