NOT USED OLDMediaPortal (Tv Plugin) special build for xlobby

Xlobby plugin development

Postby lar282 on Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:05 am

I use keypress.

Anyway, I don't think anybody uses MP(exept me), same as fewer and fewer people use Xlobby. It is a shame since XL is the most powerfull frontend I've seen.

I think we need some advertisement and create a installer with a few ready skin in it to lure people into using XL, so we'll get some action in this forum......

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Naylia on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:49 pm

I think you'd be surprised, a number of times I've gotten shoutouts for my skin on other forums and I don't recognize the people from here...so there's more than just us using, some people just never post in forums.
Naylia

Postby rembetis on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm

Forgive the stupid question, but when you say to install this Media Portal special build into the same folder as Xlobby, do you mean in a "Media Portal" folder *within* the Xlobby folder, or literally within the Xlobby folder, intermingled with all the Xlobby files/folders. Because it seems the apps share some of the same folder names ("databases" for one).

I'm also a little confused because there was talk earlier in this thread (and others) about an actual .msi installer for this special build, a well as a how-to written up in the plugin section, but I can't find links for either nor do I see this in the Plugin section.

Am I missing something?
rembetis

Postby lar282 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:19 pm

i removed the msi installer and now its a .rar file

Mediaportal.exe and xlobby.exe must be in the same directory(and the rest of the files)

The first post has all the info u need(I think!)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby rembetis on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:26 pm

Thanks for your reply, Lasse.

I've managed to get everything up and running (sort of) and I'm using the latest .cvs from the update in the first post, but when I try to use your MpXlobby skin I get a message saying it's outdated and it doesn't function correctly when loaded (buttons don't show up right, though perhaps this is because I'm running it widescreen?). M_ski reports the same thing on page 3 of this thread. Using any other skin works fine, so I suppose I will try to learn the new MP skin editor to make a TV screen that looks like my skin.

Anyway, my real question is how do I update your TV-only special build so that it includes the latest improvesments in MP? Apparently, changes have been made to the USB-UIRT section in the lastest CVS (since your 10/18 edit) and I'd like to upgrade but don't want to mess up any Xlobby>MP functionality you have designed. And once I do create a new MP skin, can I simply copy and paste the code for the button you've created that goes back to Xlobby?

Also, I can't seem to find any MP documentation or option within the Config.exe for selecting where your recordings are saved...

Thanks for your help. Not all of us are programmers or all that smart :oops:
rembetis

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:44 pm

[quote="rembetis"]Thanks for your reply, Lasse.
but when I try to use your MpXlobby skin I get a message saying it's outdated and it doesn't function correctly when loaded (buttons don't show up right, though perhaps this is because I'm running it widescreen?).
Anyway, my real question is how do I update your TV-only special build so that it includes the latest improvesments in MP?

. And once I do create a new MP skin, can I simply copy and paste the code for the button you've created that goes back to Xlobby?

Also, I can't seem to find any MP documentation or option within the Config.exe for selecting where your recordings are saved...

quote]
They changed alot the last 2 weeks with the skins, so thats why u get that message.Just enbale the checkbox and u wont recieve that message again

U need the source and then merge all the differences and then compile...It's a bitch. I'll update this weekend for u.....

In the tv section->edit your card and then on one of the tabs it says recordning path.

reagrding widescreen: It could be that is is widescreen, haven't tried that.

U can use any screen, just make sure the mytvhome.xml is ID ZERO not ONE and then add a button to return to Xlobby.

//Lasse
lar282

Postby rembetis on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:56 pm

They changed alot the last 2 weeks with the skins, so thats why u get that message.Just enbale the checkbox and u wont recieve that message again

Ok, thanks. But the skin is still not working right. Must be the widescreen. M_ski reports the same thing on page 3 of this thread.

U need the source and then merge all the differences and then compile...It's a bitch. I'll update this weekend for u.....

Thank you kindly. WAY beyond my abilities, I'm afraid.

In the tv section->edit your card and then on one of the tabs it says recordning path.

Hmmm... Config. crashes when I try to edit my card (ATI AIW 9700 Pro). Maybe I can edit it manually... [EDIT: Worked after a reboot. Must be my crappy capture card :x ]
rembetis

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:00 pm

the path is in the mediaportal.xml I think.

Wierd that it crashes!How did u add it?
Remove the card.Add it and change the path right there! Maybe that works.

do u have another copy of MP on that machine?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby rembetis on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:24 pm

See my edit above. Worked eventually. Probably just a bug inherent in my AIW card. Hope to get a Fusion5 Lite sometime soon... (if I'm not mistaken, they can do both analog and digital/HDTV).

Still unclear on how to create the "close MP and go back to Xlobby" button in MP, but I need to take a closer look at the .xml files in your skin.

Thanks for all your help!!!
rembetis

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:27 pm

add this in the mytvhome.xml right after teletext

<control>
<type>button</type>
<description>Xlobby</description>
<id>6666</id>
<onright>99</onright>
<onup>13</onup>
<ondown>2</ondown>
<label>6666</label>
</control>
lar282

Postby rembetis on Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:21 pm

Worked like a charm! :D Thanks again.

(Now I better go do something more useful. Amazing how easy it is to waste huge chunks of time on this hobby :lol: )
rembetis

Postby lar282 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:17 am

rembetis wrote:Anyway, my real question is how do I update your TV-only special build so that it includes the latest improvesments in MP? Apparently, changes have been made to the USB-UIRT section in the lastest CVS (since your 10/18 edit) and I'd like to upgrade but don't want to mess up any Xlobby>MP functionality you have designed. smart :oops:

MP dev team moved over to .net 2.0 and Visual express 2005 so its gonna take me a few days to install that and test everything on my production machine. I'll let u know when I tested everything. I don't know if Xlobby like 2.0 so thats why I wanna try all out first

//Lasse
lar282

Postby m_ski on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Lasse, remebetis,

I am running 4:3 at 800x600 and I still can't get the buttons to appear properly. Rembetis, how exactly did you solve this problem?

I only have a Ti4200 vid card which is not DX9 h/ware accelerated so I wonder if this might be the issue?
m_ski

Postby lar282 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:12 pm

Does that card work at all with MP?.Have u tried the "real" MP version?

I'm running 4:3 800*600 too and no prob, but I got a ati 9800Pro card

//Lasse
lar282

Postby m_ski on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Yeah - I'll try the full MP version and see what happens.
I did install the full version a while ago before I discovered xlobby and it worked fine then, that was probably about a year ago now!
m_ski

PreviousNext