Rom2Xlobby "create your roms databases" www

Xlobby plugin development

Postby badubo on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:39 am

Can you try this exe with the win32 version?

http://france.xlobby.com/plugins/Rom2Xlobby_Win32.zip

seems that you lost this post :wink:
badubo

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Sorry, what I meant was before you put out your update, I had the original rom2xlobby setup with the old DOS ucon64, I then copied over three different win versions of ucon64 and none of them worked.

I was just wondering then why none of those three versions worked, then you repacked with a win32 version of ucon64 and I got N64 and SNES roms to work then (still no luck with Sega). I was just wondering what the difference is....hence the question about looking for the rom2xlobby.exe looking for ucon64 version numbers.

I'm going to totally blow away the current rom2xlobby and start from scratch. I may have screwed up on the structure for Sega roms, and that's the reason why they don't work for me currently.

Thanks again for all your help.

*EDIT*
I just started from scratch and everything works now including SEGA Genesis roms. As mentioned above, I must have had a bad directory structure before, hence the reason for being able to read N64 and SNES and not Sega using this latest rom2xlobby version.

Thanks a whole bunch for helping me work this one out guys. As I've said before, you...the French Team...ROCK!!! :lol:
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:14 pm

ok, nice to see that is working for you too....
so now we are going to use rom2xlobby including the version win32 of ucon64 by default...
so now http://france.xlobby.com/emulation/rom2xlobby.zip is the version win32 ....
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:52 pm

Right, i'm fairly certain i already know the answer to this (that being a no), but all my roms are in 7zip format, and i dont especially want to have them all unzipped permanently.
Is there any way to get this working with these files if the emulators dont have native support for that format? I guess you'd need to extract the files and then run the program - is this possible?
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:09 pm

vaderag wrote:Right, i'm fairly certain i already know the answer to this (that being a no), but all my roms are in 7zip format, and i dont especially want to have them all unzipped permanently.
Is there any way to get this working with these files if the emulators dont have native support for that format? I guess you'd need to extract the files and then run the program - is this possible?

in fact the program can read zip format but not 7zip I think..., so why do you not use zip instead of 7zip ? there is not a big difference ?
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:51 pm

There is actually, especially if you have multiple versions of the same rom. Since 7zip only references the information that is the same, if you have, for example 10 copies of the same rom (different languages etc) then the bulk of the information is only stored once in a 7z, but many times in a zip.

How would this handle things in a zip file then (if the emulator didnt support zip natively)?
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:05 pm

sorry, but Ican't understand what you mean....
of course if your emulators doesn't support zip file, don't zip your roms....

second point, rom2xlobby can identify the version of your roms, like differents language etc.... it use ucon64 to calcul the crc of your roms...

if someone want to see the result using rom2xlobby , look at there : http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/skin ... #jeuxvideo
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:13 pm

What i'm trying to get is a set up a bit like quickplay (http://quickplay.sourceforge.net), where you select the file (in a zip), and it extracts it, selects the relevant rom, and then launches it in your emulator. Is this at all possible, or am i asking too much?!
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:39 pm

sorry, I had not understood...
Rom2xlobby is only an external application to scan and indentify your roms in the aim of building a database for xlobby ( with coverarts, informations etc....) it's only do that...

just to explain: for every roms you will have this following information : ( this is an example of one item in the database creadted by rom2xlobby:)

<item>
<parameter>H:\Emulateurs\romN64\1080 Snowboarding (E) [!].zip</parameter>
<coverart>h:\emulateurs\romn64\n64full_1745.jpg</coverart>
<display>1080 Snowboarding (E) (M4) [!]</display>
<information>
<publisher>Nintendo Co. Ltd.</publisher>
<comments>Controls: Joystick/Gamepad Flags: 3D Graphics, Voice Hardware Supported: Rumble Pak Included in Package: Instruction Manual Similar Games: Alpine Racer, Alpine Ski, Cool Boarders 2, Cool Boarders, TrickStyle, Wave Race 64</comments>
<languages>(E)</languages>
<url>http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg&amp;SQL=GIH23435</url>
<genre>Sports</genre>
<rating>8.0</rating>
<title>1080 Snowboarding (E) (M4) [!]</title>
<developer>Nintendo Co. Ltd.</developer>
<platform>Nintendo 64</platform>
<name>1080° Snowboarding (European Release)</name>
<plot>1080 Snowboarding is the unofficial successor to Wave Race 64, though, as you can imagine, the two titles really don't have a lot in common. Developed by the same team, 1080 Snowboarding is a snowboarding title that incorporates racing with tricks in a similar fashion to Wave Race 64. So grab your board, grab your gear, and get ready to rip up the downhill courses as you shred it up, cut it up, and most certainly get some sick air. Nintendo's racer features no less than five game modes including Match Race, Time Attack, Trick Attack, Contest, and Training, broadly splitting the game into trick racing and speed racing. Match Race provides the contest speed mode that places players up against one competitor on four to six tracks, depending on whether normal, hard, or expert difficulties are chosen (or earned). Contest is the trick variation of Match Race, based on a scoring system of your ability to race around flags, race quickly, and of course show off, pulling off as many high-air tricks as possible. Time Attack and Trick Attack are as expected: modes where players can individually test their own skills against their quickest times and best scores, while Training mode allows practice, especially for the trickster, showing all the moves that can be performed and their button combinations. Six courses are available in 1080 Snowboarding while only four are available from the start. These include Crystal Lake, Crystal Peak, Golden Forest, Mountain Village, the earnable Dragon Cave and Deadly Fall, as well as half-pipe and air-make trick courses. A total of eight boards and eight racers are also available, letting players mix and choose a variety of attribute combinations as well as have the choice of going for that utterly cool-looking character. 1080 Snowboarding also features a two-player split-screen duel mode. 1080 Snowboarding also supports the Rumble Pak as well as other force feedback devices and saves onto the cart rather than a memory card.— Brad Penniment Roots &amp; Influences: Follows in the footsteps of the arcade hits Alpine Racer and Alpine Skier by Namco, but also borrows from Wave Race 64. </plot>
<year>1998</year>
</information>
</item>

so you see in the field <parameter> you have the path of the rom, ( here it's a zipped rom, so you have the path of the zip...)

then I use a xlobby command (command os:execute file) to launch an emulator by command line using this field... ( so we don't use rom2xlobby to launche a rom)
but maybe you can find another application to extract then launch the rom with the emulator that you want... ( using xlobby command + xml field of those databases)

later
Last edited by dgemily on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:00 pm

Ok, i think i know how i'm going to do this now... but i have one small problem - is there any way to make rom2xlobby recognise the 7z extension in place of the zip extension?

Thanks
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:51 am

rom2xlobby use ucon64 to indentify your roms, so if ucon64 can't indentify inside 7z, rom2xlobby will not do it too....

try to see if ucon64 can do it.....
create 2 batchs in the rom2xlobby directory, with:

dgemily wrote:ucon64 "D:\Emulateurs\romsnes" >SNESresult.txt

and

ucon64 "D:\Emulateurs\romN64" >N64result.txt

change the roms path, save these .bat and execute those.
then it will create 2 .txt files : N64result.txt and SNESresult.txt

later
dgemily

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:11 pm

dgemily,

Sorry to slightly change the subject, but those screen shots on that link you provided, the one that shows the in-game action of Golden Eye. I just want to verify if you are using XMoveWindow, or are you displaying the game within Xlobby by some other means?

Pretty cool I must say. 8)
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:49 pm

yep, you're right, it use XMoveWindow ;) this is for a demonstration of the current game ...

but XMoveWindow will not work with every emulators...

here is the skin : http://www.france.xlobby.com/forum/skin ... talXFR.rar

if you want check on it.... ;)

later

ps: another nice thing is that a lot of items have a link to the allgame.com web page of the current game
for example: you will have this following link in the field <url> for "The World Is Not Enough" :
http://www.allgame.com/cg/agg.dll?p=agg ... H||||24406 (take the full link)
so you can use a button to show this page, for more information, cheats, instructions, screenshots etc.... ;)
like :
dgemily

Postby vaderag on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:16 am

dgemily wrote:rom2xlobby use ucon64 to indentify your roms, so if ucon64 can't indentify inside 7z, rom2xlobby will not do it too....

try to see if ucon64 can do it.....
create 2 batchs in the rom2xlobby directory, with:

dgemily wrote:ucon64 "D:\Emulateurs\romsnes" >SNESresult.txt

and

ucon64 "D:\Emulateurs\romN64" >N64result.txt

change the roms path, save these .bat and execute those.
then it will create 2 .txt files : N64result.txt and SNESresult.txt

later

I'm getting the same error posted earlier in this thread - the txt files just give me:
Cannot execute C:\PROGRA~1\XLOBBY\ROM2XLOBBY\UCON64.EXE
vaderag

Postby dgemily on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:36 am

vaderag wrote:I'm getting the same error posted earlier in this thread - the txt files just give me:
Cannot execute C:\PROGRA~1\XLOBBY\ROM2XLOBBY\UCON64.EXE

I think that you are using the old version of rom2xlobby.
Try with the last version of rom2xlobby that I posted some days ago ( it use now the win32 version of ucon ) that should workS...
here is the last version: http://france.xlobby.com/emulation/rom2xlobby.zip

later
Last edited by dgemily on Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
dgemily

PreviousNext