Widescreen questions

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Widescreen questions

Postby NebrGuy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:16 am

I will admit I haven't searched through all of the skinning threads, so if this has been asked and answered I apologize from the start.

I have been playing with xlobby for the last month or so more than in the past. I have it connected to a 27" widescreen hdtv. I downloaded several skins, both 4:3 and 16:9 and it seems like both appear a bit stretched when viewing my dvd collection (coverart) and cd's. I've tried to play around with the dvd by going into the skinning menu and changing the ratio setting under category. For instance in the BlueSkin (widescreen version), it is set to 7:10. If would think changing this ratio to 5:10 would narrow the picture when in reality it makes it shorter and creates a bigger boarder around the coverart.

This annoyance is noticeable when I have my hdtv set to widescreen format. If I run it in normal mode (4:3) the coverart appears correctly, but I then have black bands on the sides, defeating the purpose of a widescreen tv. If I run it in zoom mode then a lot of the immage is off the edges of the screen and I cannot get to the controls.

Is there a way to run a widescreen skin and have the coverart images appear in a "normal" ratio?
NebrGuy

Postby NebrGuy on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:02 am

Never mind. I just found a setting in my video driver that forced my dvi to output at 720p. That solved my image issue.
NebrGuy