GetStills via xScript - Updated v1.3 02/24/2008

Xlobby plugin development

GetStills via xScript - Updated v1.3 02/24/2008

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:38 pm

The "download stills" function available for Movies in F2\Databases\Edit\Spider has been broken on the PreCalrad version of Xlobby since Steven stopped supporting it. Since this is internal Xlobby code to download the stills from IMDB it can't be fixed just by modifying a spider it will be broken forever. I converted some of my InTheateres code to download stills for my new movies a while ago but never released it, a post over in Tips&Tricks made me clean it up for release.

The script can be run using the xScript or xScriptNG plugins. It takes movie name and path as inputs and searches Movies.com and IMDB.com for stills. It will create a "stills" folder in the DVD root folder, or if it's not a DVD folder structure (ie no VIDEO_TS folder) it will create the "stills" folder in the folder containing the video file. Note: If you have a folder like AVI's that just has a whole bunch of different movie AVI's in it this will not work - each movie needs to be in it's own folder regardless of format. The script will download stills found at the two websites to the stills folder. All you have to do after that is goto F2\Basic and Import your Movie paths again and Xlobby will automatically update the movies database with the stills.

The script uses the same progress overlay as InTheaters ("intheaters_progress"). If you already have InTheaters installed you'll see the progess as the script downloads stills. If not - see the InTheaters documentation or use the example progress overlay from the skin files.

There are a few configurable options including max # of stills to download. Search the script for:
'**********************************************************************
' Script Options are delimited below!
'**********************************************************************

Installation:
Download the script and install in your Plugins\Xscripts\Scripts directory (or if using xScriptNG see the plugin documentation for possible locations). Start Xlobby, goto F2\Events and create an plugin event:
Code: Select all
Plugin: xScript(NG)
Command: Execute Script
Variables: getstills.txt "%movies>display%" "%movies>parameter%"

Create a button on your movie page and associate it with the event. Reimport your movies after getting the stills to see them show up.

Download here:
http://home.comcast.net/~twhite644/tools/getstills.zip

Revisions:
v1.2 12/22/2007 - Initial release
v1.3 02/24/2008 - Updated IMDB code.

That’s it for now – let me know if you run into any problems!
Good luck,
tsw
Last edited by tswhite70 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tswhite70

Re: GetStills via xScript

Postby Myth on Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks
Havent had a chance to use it yet, but it's much appreciated!
Myth
Myth

Postby Myth on Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:07 am

I get an error when I try to run it.
Error on Line 96
Imports System.Xml
Namespace or type 'XML' for the Imports 'System.Xml' can not be found

Does this mean that I need a later dot Framework version or have I screwed it up ?
Myth

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 am

Sorry - Forgot about that, you need to add the library to the XscriptNG plugin config. See this post: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 994#p36994

good luck,
tssw
tswhite70

Updated v1.3 02/24/2008

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:58 pm

Updated code for IMDB.... see 1st post for link.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70