kXd -- kX Project driver control plugin via PervTalk

Xlobby plugin development

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:59 am

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Got the fades to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the help...now I'm off to make the sliders work in xLobby.

WooHoo!!!
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:20 am

I am working on trying to get the bars to work and keep getting "does not compute".

My textbox includes this: (based off earlier posts)
Code: Select all
plugin>xPerT>!0!present>progress bar>[!0!xPerT>Variable>automation_AuxFront>kX driver>
AuxFront]>horizontal>C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar2.png>
C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar_bkgrnd.png

AuxFront:0:2:0x8003 is what my ini file looks like for the AuxFront register

My screenname is automation

I am pointing to the volume bars I want to use for graphics.

Thanks for any direction!!!
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:03 am

Have you tried with just the default standard bars. I know it most likely isn't what you want to end up with, but it will verify that your able to get bars period, then from there, replace those with your own.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Couple things:
1) What are you using in your text box to illustrate what the kxmixer's status is. I am using the above code and getting nothing.

2) How are you creating events? I don't think this would have any effect on if the bar shows up or not but not sure?

I am having trouble trying to get the bars to work at all....I replaced the volume.png's but am not sure what Marbles meant by "standard" volume buttons.

Boy, I am sooooo close I can feel it!!!
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:14 pm

Sharp

It really seems to me that bar description is ok, mayby scalt can correct me if im wrong here. So u could make sure that kXd is actually launched when u launch Xlobby... when xlobby has fully loaded hit ctrl+alt+del and see if instance of kXd.exe is amongst running processes, if not there must something wrong in directory structure or autorun.ini...

Also pay atention that automaticly launched instance should not be one u have in c:\ root mayby u could delete that default.ini and kXd.exe now to avoid the fact it might cause further confusion. Also check u have now right default.ini at pervware folder.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Sorry sharp,

The default command to give the cheesy wingding bars that P3rv used originally (and the one's I use in my skine). The basic command is:

plugin>xPerT>Variable>overlay_volumecontrol_BedroomA>kX driver>BedroomA bar

where:
overlay_volumecontrol - is the name of my screen

overlay_volumecontrol_BedroomA - is the button ID

BedroomA - is the given name from my default.ini file.

Configure the text as wingding (or whatever symbol font that is). If it works, you should be presented with a bunch of squares. This way for sure, your communicating with kXd. Then you could replace with anything you want. But as P3rv indicates, I also compared your command with what Scalt and P3rv presented in an earlier post and it looks to be correct.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:36 pm

Allthough Marbles has it above, and it is working in his case... avoid using two underscore characters within screenname/register alias combo. Basicly give u screenname without underscore and without capital letters and your register aliases without underscore, and use underscore only as a separator between them in above command. As far as i know " "-character (space) is ok for both (allthough it makes using commandline fades impossible, if used in fade aliases, but i think we r beyond cl now).

Like i said it is working for Marbles... but it could potentially cause some problems, so u better do without double underscore just in case.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:05 pm

This is what I have been trying to do:
I have created 3 separate text lines to try out everything I could think of.

Bear: I have both pervhub.exe and kxd.exe running in my task manager after startup of xl.
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:21 pm

Im quite clueless now... just few things here to check, some r just reiterating stuff... but we really need to confirm to rule them out:

- Have u deleted kXd.exe and default.ini from c root. This is just quessing but im afraid that it could be possible that autolaucnher might laucnh these instead right ones if they exists. del them.

- Have u checked that default.ini at pervWare directory is actually your newest .ini? what im saying that u have implemented changes u did on one on c-root to here too.

- Are u certain that your xPert.dll is newest experimental build there is available. If u r not... redownload it... (notice that link on few first post on xPerT thread is for very old version) if u got your stuff with zoneskin3 they all should be ok.

- Make also sure u have newer versions of hub and kXd.

EDIT: also try to manually shut down pervhub between runs of xlobby... so that all modules can reform their connections...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:14 pm

Hey just realised that u should also check that pixel size of .pngs u r using for graphical bars is identical... if theyre not that might cause problems which could possibly lead to "Does not compute"

EDIT: Also could your firewall software deny PervHub to open a TCP-port? or local devices from connecting to it? Im pretty sure this is not the case though, cause i think in that case kXd should report an error and die off.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:02 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:Hey just realised that u should also check that pixel size of .pngs u r using for graphical bars is identical...

So are you saying that if the volume.png is 200 x 20 you should set the text box to that size? What about the background.png, what should I do with that?

Edit: FYI-I deleted the test.exe's I had in the c:\ directory and made sure that my firewall is not blocking the hub (listed as an exception).
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:11 am

sharp_1 wrote:My textbox includes this: (based off earlier posts)
plugin>xPerT>!0!present>progress bar>[!0!xPerT>Variable>automation_AuxFront>kX driver>
AuxFront]>horizontal>C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar2.png>
C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar_bkgrnd.png

No, size of textbox is indifferent. but the files which are in above example pointed with paths C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar2.png and C:\xLobby\skins\XLMP\buttons\xresource-volumebar_bkgrnd.png, which i believe u have now changed to volume.png and background.png should contain picture which is identical in size... so if volume.png is 20x200, background.png should also be 20x200. Also if u have changed filenames and their locations change the paths within text box variable to correspond new names and locations, Size of textbox itself doesnt matter as long as u can see it properly.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby sharp_1 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:40 am

Well I made sure both the png's were the same identical size but no success yet. Still getting the "Does Not Compute" error. Hmmm...any other ideas besides oh well?

EDIT:
plugin>xPerT>!0!present>progress bar>....

Seems as though I am getting the error right after "plugin>xPerT>" because if I take out the rest of the string I still get the same error statement.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:31 am

"Does Not Compute"
P3rv is that an error message caused between communications with xPert to Perhub, or is it problems between kXd and the hub? Or it doesn't really matter?

Sharp, not sure if this would help...but when I was getting things up and running, I would start Pervhub prior to starting Xlobby. Just for experiment sake, you could try that.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:00 am

Marbles_00 wrote:"Does Not Compute"

Well as u know its error message from certain classic movie, and one i use very often. So im not hundred percent sure now if it can only originate from xPerT, or have i used it within kXd or the hub.

But im ninety percent sure it originates from xPerT, and also i dropped dramaticly its usage on newer version of xPerT that is why i recommended sharp to make sure he has newest version available cause i thought DNC might point to older version.

So its highly likely that modules are not communicating properly... cause otherwise i might expect info like "loading..." or "fetching..." but then again they might be connected and there could be just simple typo leading to DNC. Im as clueless as anybody here...
P3rv3rt B3ar

PreviousNext