NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Xlobby plugin development

Postby edgley on Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:48 pm

I have updated to the newest version, and now it stays in the background.

However, when the i am just looking at the page and not running a rip, the >message command is showing:
plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>message

is there any way to hide it please?

thanks,
edgley

Postby az5 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:05 pm

Hi,

could you please try as a workaround plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>%message% instead of plugin>XLDVDImportPlugin>message? I have the impression the other type of definition doesn't work with the latest version of XL. I need to have a closer look at it.

Albert
az5

Postby edgley on Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:03 pm

Thanks Albert,

That worked!
edgley

Postby glamdring on Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:11 pm

I'm getting a strange error message as the plugin loads about the .log file being unavaliable. When I check the file is there but it contains log data from Xoapweather. Has anyone else seen this? I am not positive on the version number, but I think it is the most current.
glamdring

Postby az5 on Mon May 02, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi glamdring,

I tried to reproduce the error with Xoapweather 1.1 and XLDVDImportPlugin 0.3 but without success. After looking at the source I can't imagine how both plugins should interfere. Xoapweather could interfere with other plugins that use the standard logging mechanism of .Net. But XLDVDImportPlugin shouldn't because it doesn't use it (otherwise the different XL...whatever...Plugins would interfere with each other). Or I might be wrong...
Could you please
- post the error message?
- try to disable one plugin and look what happens?

Albert
az5

Postby glamdring on Mon May 02, 2005 6:31 pm

I should have posted back ysterday, I found the problem. For some reason I had XLDVDImport in the plugins folder twice, once in the root and once in a folder of its own. after I removed the copy in the root it cleared up. I'm not sure why the log contained information from Xoapweather, but I no longer get an error message.

Thank you for trying to sort this out, but it was an error on my part completely.
glamdring

Postby rembetis on Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:35 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks. Only found this plugin yesterday and successfully incorporated it into my skin today. Nice work!
rembetis

Postby bazac on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:47 pm

i know this is an old thread but can anyone help ? ive got the pluggin workin to the point where it rips the dvd to the h/drive but can not find a way to name the movie tried using the page that comes with the pluggin but doesnt seem to work dvd decrypter is ver 3.5.4.0
bazac

Postby ingalls on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:13 pm

Anyone arrived to make this plugin work in .net2?
I try to rip a dvd with a skin but it doesn't want to do anything...
I use dvddecrypter 3.5.4
ingalls

Postby bazac on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Got The same problem it would be good if someone could fix it :-(
bazac

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat May 19, 2007 12:30 pm

Ouch :!: :!: :!:

I was trying some of the features of this plugin and had a movie ripping to a directory where I had stored some other movies. I figured the bulk of the plugin was working for me, so I canceled the rip...only to find that it totally blew away the whole ripped directory :cry: . Lost several movies that I was storing until I had my dual layer burner setup :cry: . Sucks but that's life :cry: .

Warning to others...

Great little plugin, but be really careful of how you use it...and make sure you use some temp folder to practice too...I learned my lesson the hard way. For sure I will be taking out the option to cancel ripping from my skin in the future.
Marbles_00

Re: NEW UPDATED - DVD Decrypter plugin by AZ5

Postby Neil on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 am

Does anyone know if this plugin is still working? I have incorporated it into my skin, it opens the plugin through <F2> Setupr & I can configure it, but nothing happens in the skin ("Please insert DVD"). Please help!!!!
Neil

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Yeah its still working but check out my previous post above yours. DON'T CANCEL THE RIP PROCESS!!!

It should work on older DVD's. Newer titles won't work with DVDDecryptor natively because of the protection. I say natively as you can use RipIt4Me along with DVDDecryptor to rip the newer titles (or DVDFab Decyptor).

I will play around with it more tonight to help ya (I'm not sitting at the machine with a DVD drive currently), but I think the status does not automatically update. Even though it is saying "Please Insert DVD", just set a button to rip, and try to just rip it. At that point I think it updates.

Key phrase....I think. DOH!
Marbles_00

Postby Neil on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:35 am

Hi Marbles

Thanx for the response, I tried over the weekend again with no luck, did your's work? If so, is it possible to download your skin from somewhere so I can test on my system to see if it is working? I have tried with the "Element skin that has it built in, but no luck.

:(
Neil

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:40 am

Sorry, got too busy over the weekend. I'll try it again tonight to see what I did differently. The skin's not totally ready for distribution...working on navigation and ppc screens, so very soon.

The Element skin is a real good skin and if ripping capabilities is already built into it (its been a long time since I last looked at that skin), and your having issues, its gotta be something with your setup. We'll figure it out.
Marbles_00

PreviousNext