F2 - Set-up screen - plugins - with USB-UIRT

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

F2 - Set-up screen - plugins - with USB-UIRT

Postby vaporhat on Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:41 pm

Can someone please post their set-up screen that has a USB-UIRT plugged in? I started a thread a long time ago and I never received any sort of response. It seems like there is something wrong with my USB-UIRT plugin although the hardware appears to have been installed correctly.

I can not even get the basic up, down, left, right, enter, commands to transmit.

Please .. someone toss me a bone here :( I just want some documentation so I can begin to debug my issue. Although without knowing what is supposed to be where, I am a little lost.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6140
vaporhat

Re: F2 - Set-up screen - plugins - with USB-UIRT

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Here is a screenshot from another thread question I helped with. Looks like the status windows stays blank. I think I remember someone saying that this was typical behavior.

Good luck!!
2007-07-19_080027.png

remember to use triggers in order to get your navigation buttons to work.
sharp_1

Postby lpg on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:45 am

At one time I had mine set up with a plugin from the French forum using Girder. It was a very powerful combination that took me way beyong simple screen navigation.
lpg

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:43 am

on the usbuirt forum there is a link to a little utiliy which lets you porgram the the wakeup buttons, it also shows you when its recieving data... i think its called something like lrnHelper.exe, if that is picking signals it looks like its wrong on the xlobby side, if not maybe the urit is faulty.

also when you learn the codes into xlobby, make sure you are close (10 cm) to the uirt box, it seems to learn much more efficently when you are closer.

assuming you have learned the codes corectly do anything haapen while the ir plugin window is open when you press one of the remote buttons?

and last but not least, you have added up, down etc to the plugin but have you linked then to any events in the event tab?

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:58 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Here is a screenshot from another thread question I helped with. Looks like the status windows stays blank. I think I remember someone saying that this was typical behavior.

Good luck!!
2007-07-19_080027.png

remember to use triggers in order to get your navigation buttons to work.

Thank you for the screen shot. Now I know that status being blank is not my issue.
I have triggers set for the buttons I am trying to use.

For the up, down, etc, the box is empty with the IR code (the learn/transmit section). What should be in there for keyboard commands?
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 pm

You need to learn those up, down, left and right commands into xLobby before anything else.

Step 1: Select the "(xlobby) xlobby - xlobby - xlobby" device under the IR plugin module and learn the IR commands for each of the navigation events.

Illustrated:

Step 2: Connect your new IR commands to the navigation events.

Illustrated:

Good luck!!
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:09 pm

S Pittaway wrote:on the usbuirt forum there is a link to a little utiliy which lets you porgram the the wakeup buttons, it also shows you when its recieving data... i think its called something like lrnHelper.exe, if that is picking signals it looks like its wrong on the xlobby side, if not maybe the urit is faulty.

also when you learn the codes into xlobby, make sure you are close (10 cm) to the uirt box, it seems to learn much more efficently when you are closer.

assuming you have learned the codes corectly do anything haapen while the ir plugin window is open when you press one of the remote buttons?

and last but not least, you have added up, down etc to the plugin but have you linked then to any events in the event tab?

Sean.

I will have to check out that utility. That seems like it might help direct me in my debugging.

When you learn codes, does it need to reach 100% to accept the IR input?
Yes, the commands in the plugin (up. down, ..) are linked in the event tab. I will have to post a screenshot when I get in-front of my PC later.
vaporhat

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:15 pm

sharp_1 wrote:You need to learn those up, down, left and right commands into xLobby before anything else.

Step 1: Select the "(xlobby) xlobby - xlobby - xlobby" device under the IR plugin module and learn the IR commands for each of the navigation events.

Illustrated:

Step 2: Connect your new IR commands to the navigation events.

Illustrated:

Good luck!!

Ok, I think we are getting to the root of my issue here.
How do I learn keyboard commands in XL? I think I am missing a fundamental here...
Is there a database of IR codes I can use for PC commands?
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:17 pm

vaporhat wrote:When you learn codes, does it need to reach 100% to accept the IR input?

Yes
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:21 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
vaporhat wrote:When you learn codes, does it need to reach 100% to accept the IR input?

Yes

lol I just read your post regarding the projector on/off.
Thank you. That helps. For some reason I was interpreting that meter as a percent signal strength not percent complete received. I was getting 98% and was saying to myself, "that's pretty good". haha

That should fix the issues I was having with other known IR commands for my other equipment, but I am still a little foggy on how I translate keyboard commands into IR commands.
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:40 pm

vaporhat wrote: I am still a little foggy on how I translate keyboard commands into IR commands.

I never have used this plugin but I believe it will do what you are asking:

XLHotkey: A plugin that allows a user to assign keys to buttons or events. Functionality overlaps partially with the triggers of events, girder and adds some functions of its own. Download XLHotkeyPlugin.zip
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:57 pm

sharp_1 wrote:
vaporhat wrote: I am still a little foggy on how I translate keyboard commands into IR commands.

I never have used this plugin but I believe it will do what you are asking:

XLHotkey: A plugin that allows a user to assign keys to buttons or events. Functionality overlaps partially with the triggers of events, girder and adds some functions of its own. Download XLHotkeyPlugin.zip

Do I still need to use this plugin for navigation commands such as "arrow up", "arrow down", "enter"?
For some reason I thought XL had functionality that built in..

I am not looking to do anything like a string of commands or even ctrl+V, etc..

I really just want to be able to use my MX-3000 remote to scroll though my music/DVD's and select albums and such.
vaporhat

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:07 pm

vaporhat wrote:I really just want to be able to use my MX-3000 remote to scroll though my music/DVD's and select albums and such.

All you need is the navigation events setup...you will be able to move thru your screens without anything else but your remote.
sharp_1

Postby sharp_1 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it...what do you mean by keyboard commands??? if you're not going to use a keyboard???
sharp_1

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:05 pm

sharp_1 wrote:Now that I'm thinking about it...what do you mean by keyboard commands??? if you're not going to use a keyboard???

OK, for control I have a 15" Elo touchscreen, bluetooth keyboard w/mouse pad, and the MX-3000. I have XL extended into a few rooms and keyboard and mx-3000 sort of travel around a little :) i use all 3 for control at different times.

When I say keyboard commands I really meant,the up arrow, enter, left arrow, right arrow...

I have navigation events set-up for the basic navigation, although now I want to send those XL commands to my MX-3000 remote and program the buttons there to behave like the arrow keyboard navigation buttons work like on a keyboard. Maybe i was not clear or mixing terminology. my apologies..

I still think I am a little confused about the translation between up arrow and respective IR command.
vaporhat

Next