Help dvd profiler + iso's

Help each other out

Help dvd profiler + iso's

Postby epitaph on Fri May 12, 2006 7:06 pm

Im using my DVD Profiler 's exported .XML for the movies database, and so all is good, by that i mean all my cover art is loaded and i can flip pages to navigate through all my dvds and then i can click on each dvds cover art to display the movie viewer page (plot, actors, directors, etc) much like all of you. however, my problem is i cant for the life of me figure out how to have a play button inside each movie viewer page play the corresponding .ISO image i have for it. each .iso is the actual dvd title so Pulp Fiction.iso should be loaded when i hit play from the Pulp Fiction's movie veiwer page in xlobby.
PLEASE anybody help me :S .. thanks
epitaph

Postby jowaldo on Fri May 12, 2006 8:05 pm

did you check your settings here?

http://www.xlobby.com/files/jowaldo/documentation/setupguide/index.htm#File%20Types

as long as file types are set up correctly it should be ok..
jowaldo

Postby epitaph on Fri May 12, 2006 9:14 pm

yeah ive got that all good.. playing it isnt the problem its setting it up to run the right iso corrisponding to the movie that im currently viewing. right now when i click on a movie to see the plot and stuff its all good.. but when i press play nothing happends because play isnt linked to the right iso. and i dont know how to make it link to the right iso automatically. know what i mean?
epitaph

Postby jowaldo on Fri May 12, 2006 10:24 pm

as long as the category is currently selected on the right movie, all you should needs is a "execute" event pointing to the same name as your movies database (its probably just movies)

does that make sense?

what skin are you using?
jowaldo

Postby epitaph on Fri May 12, 2006 11:50 pm

hmm. im not sure if i understand. i think i understand you but im not sure how to put all my dvd iso's into the same database as my dvd profiler information, so im using 2 databases right now (which im sure is wrong) and i cant cross reference.
epitaph

Postby epitaph on Fri May 12, 2006 11:50 pm

im using pretty much the default one.. i modified it a bit
epitaph

Postby jowaldo on Sat May 13, 2006 12:09 am

epitaph wrote:hmm. im not sure if i understand. i think i understand you but im not sure how to put all my dvd iso's into the same database as my dvd profiler information, so im using 2 databases right now (which im sure is wrong) and i cant cross reference.

you could copy and paste whatever you want from one xml database to another... if you are using the default skin, and want to use it without making much modification, you should have it all in the movies.xml database.
jowaldo

Postby epitaph on Sat May 13, 2006 2:06 am

is there a special format to do this? do i have to place each individual dvd link from the one xml underneath the rest of the information for that dvd in the other xml? could this be automated with a batch file? this just seems like alot of work to do for each movie.

also is there a way to get the back cover art just like the front cover art? if so how would i do this?
epitaph

Postby bfauska on Sat May 13, 2006 3:09 am

When you import your DB from DVDpro into the movies category you need to also have the path to where you have the movie files listed in the paths box of the import screen. If you have the names of the files identical to the titles of the movies it should see that they corispond and share them as one entry in the DB. I use folders with the same name as the movie and then I have it play my video_ts.ifo file in the directory that corisponds with the movie title in the DB. It should work about the same way I think.

You should also be able to go into the edit DB screen and input paths for each movie if there aren't too many it shouldn't take long, but if you can get the other way to work, it won't take as many steps each time you add a new movie.

Good luck, I think that should be clear, but if you have questions or something doesn't make sense I will try to help some more.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby epitaph on Sat May 13, 2006 12:22 pm

Yeah i have tried that, i even created folders with identical names and put the iso's inside and it didnt work. i dont know what im doing wrong then.
epitaph

Postby bfauska on Sun May 14, 2006 12:32 am

In order to play .iso files you must make the computer think that they are a drive by using a program like daemontools (I Think that's what it's called) I used it once to play an .iso demo file that I downloaded and it seemed to work but I never integrated it with XLobby. I know that on one of the setup screens it asks for input about it but I don't have experiance with it. I don't know how big your collection is but you could see if you have better luck by converting them to video_ts.ifo format with DVDShrink.

Good luck, hopefully somebody with more .iso experiance can help you out.

Later,
Brian
bfauska

Postby jowaldo on Sun May 14, 2006 3:12 am

bfauska wrote:In order to play .iso files you must make the computer think that they are a drive by using a program like daemontools (I Think that's what it's called) I used it once to play an .iso demo file that I downloaded and it seemed to work but I never integrated it with XLobby. I know that on one of the setup screens it asks for input about it but I don't have experiance with it. I don't know how big your collection is but you could see if you have better luck by converting them to video_ts.ifo format with DVDShrink.

Good luck, hopefully somebody with more .iso experiance can help you out.

Later,
Brian

its been a while since I messed with iso files, but as long as you tell xlobby where you have daemon tools installed, it works pretty seamlessly..
jowaldo

Postby epitaph on Sun May 14, 2006 9:45 am

yeah i got daemon tools, it all works once i manually tell it where my iso files are, but i would have to manually set every iso for every dvd in my catalog every time i update the database (ei. add a new dvd). thats why i was hoping i could find a way to automate this process by metatags or whatever. but nothing seems to work for me. :(

**edit**

I got it to work.. i just added an offline movie event and i told it to change the default parameter video.ifo to E:\movies\dvd iso's\%movies>display%.iso which will substitute %movies>display% for the movie title as well as i added a variable change to change the default offline true command to false. and vioala now all i have to do is make sure all my dvds are named correctly and all is well.. if anybody has the same problem and doesnt understand what i did ill explain better..
epitaph

Postby zhopudey on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Hi,

Am new to XLobby. I'm using DVD Profiler, Daemon Tools, and WinDVD 7. Could you please explain how you got iso files to play?

Thanks in advance.
zhopudey