MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Xlobby plugin development

Re: MediaPortal TvEngine3 plugin WWW

Postby lar282 on Thu May 01, 2008 8:06 am

gonna update to RC1 in a few days so hold on......

the TVServer would max out the CPU (according to task manager).
Prolly fixed in rc1, never heard of that problem

Also it automatically assumed to use ffdshow...where can I define what codecs and renderes to use?
configuration.exe, under television

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu May 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Yeah, I'm going to wait for you to release the updates for RC1 as I'm running into the problem, that now I remember why I didn't use your plugin earlier (during basic testing prior to having a TV card of some sort)...MediaPortal. I've never been successful at getting MP to work for me. Before I figured it was just because my system that I was testing on was to old. But last night trying it out on the HTPC, I was getting major crashes even when attempting to load MP, and not even interfacing it with xlobby. Even its configure executable was crashing, indicating I didn't have some files in the proper locations. Now granted, before I totally give up, I have to go over and figure out if I maybe don't have something installed that is required to run MP.

So I'm at a crossroads right now:
1) xmltv, though I'm experiencing some bugs...which are most likely user error, after using ProgDVB for a while...I just don't like Prog. The versions that work with the plugin (that are downloadable from the Prog site) are very limited in their setup functionality, and instead of stretching 4:3 content to fill 16:9 screen, it just zooms it, so you loose the top and bottom portions of the picture. This is most irritating when watching a sports scoreboard. Not only that, but when it zooms, the PQ (though for SD content it sucks anyways) is horrible.

2) MP solution...wait and hope RC1 is all its cracked up to be...but judging by my track record in regards to MP...I'm not holding my breath. Nothing against you or your plugin Lar, I'm not terriblely fond of MP right now.

3) stick with DVB Dream, a program I've been generally pleased with (all the TV stuff I do, I use DVB Dream as a reference since I know it just WORKS), create my own screens, and have limited to no functionality in EPG, and schedule recording.

I guess time will tell.
Marbles_00

Postby lar282 on Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

RC1 of the TVServer is uploaded. First post updated. Its a zip file now instead of rar!

there is a bat file in the root of the zip file. Look at it and see if your PATHS are the same, then u can use that to update your current installation.''

BE AWARE.ALL SETTINGS FROM OLD TV DATABASE WILL BE ERASED, THE CHANGED THE FORMAT. So take screenshoots and export your setting and copy your xml files....

Remember to run the install.bat in the /mediaportal\filter directory

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Fri May 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi Lar282,

Tried to download the latest version of your plugin, but the link sends me back to the xlobby home page.
I would like to give your plugin a try!

Thanks,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm

link fixed
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Sun May 04, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks for fixing the link.
Downloading it now.
Not sure when I will be able to set it up though as work is busy for the next week or so.
Do you know if Mediaportal works out of the box with the USBUIRT or is there a plug-in for it? I looked at the Mediaportal website and didn't find anything (probably missed it).

Thanks
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Sun May 04, 2008 6:52 am

Cabinetguy wrote:Thanks for fixing the link.
Downloading it now.
Not sure when I will be able to set it up though as work is busy for the next week or so.
Do you know if Mediaportal works out of the box with the USBUIRT or is there a plug-in for it? I looked at the Mediaportal website and didn't find anything (probably missed it).

Thanks
Brian

usbuirt works out of the box, look under configuration.exe. Have no clue what happens i u set up both XL and MP to use that!

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Mon May 05, 2008 10:23 pm

hi Lar,

I installed SQL express and TV Server with no problems, But(why is there always a but?)when I started the config.exe a popup came up saying that "Your version 6.5.2600.2180 of Psisdecd.dll has to many bugs".
I did a search for the dll file, found it and replaced it, and tried again and got the same message.

By the way I'm running XP Pro fully updated

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Tue May 06, 2008 6:14 am

that message comes from the tvserver. Look here for a solution: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-s ... dll-38395/
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/gener ... s-xp-6344/

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Fri May 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi Lar,

That did the trick, Config now comes up just fine.
Cabinetguy

Postby Cabinetguy on Sat May 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey Lar,

Just wanted to let you know that i got your plug-in up and running, I still have the EPG and set top box channels to work out.
This is a great plugin and I wanted to thank you for sharing this.

Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Sun May 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Cabinetguy wrote:Hey Lar,

Just wanted to let you know that i got your plug-in up and running, I still have the EPG and set top box channels to work out.
This is a great plugin and I wanted to thank you for sharing this.

Brian

Glad it works. Just posted here for u: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6359&p=45339#p45339

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 am

Hey Lasse,

I have mediaportal runnning ok.
I have the epg screen now(thank you!)

I don't have xlobby talking to mediaportal. The plug-in won't let me put my IP address and save (Ienter IP address hit save close screen.Reenter plugin setup and default IP address is there.

I don't have media portal changing set top channels. You said earlier that you didn't know if USBUIRT will work with both xlobby and mediaportal at the same time
I also have an old microsoft IR blaster, I am thinking of using the MCE serverblaster plugin to get around this.

Thanks for your help,
Brian
Cabinetguy

Postby lar282 on Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 am

close mp and XL and change the XML fileS and put the ip adresses in there instead

Yes u need the serverblaster plugin for changing channels on external box

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Cabinetguy on Tue May 20, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Lasse,

I did that already with no results.
The Xlobby "only files needed" section had all the databases needed right?

Xlobby wont let me schedule a recording or view scheduled recordings.

I'll Work on server blaster tonight.

Thank you,
Brian
Cabinetguy

PreviousNext