by Wes Black
New xLobby Release
xLobby V3 – 3.0.9153.64
- 0000558: [generic] hulu desktop download and launch button added (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000546: [content playback] track restarts when adding album to playlist (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000549: [skin editor] add a video player to a menu, unable to name it until restart (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000551: [animation] animate button coordinate y location (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000553: [animation] animate button scale y (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000555: [animation] animate button reset, and reset all (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000557: [skin editor] “show overlay” has new drop down list to show all screen names (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000547: [skin editor] when a new field is added to a command, previously existing commands cannot edit the new field (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000550: [animation] animate button coordinate x location (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000552: [animation] animate button scale x (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000554: [animation] animate button rotate angle (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000556: [skin editor] stop animated backgrounds/animations when saving skin (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
Updated lighting services
The videos below show opening a overlay menu with a slide out panel and some button effects and a demonstration of multiple video effects. If no activity is detected within 5 seconds the menu will close automatically. You can manually exit the menu by pressing the keyboard esc key or creating a exit button. A few other interesting items can also be added 1. A visible countdown timer could also be shown to indicate when the menu will close or 2. Speech notification that the menu is closing or about to close.
Video Example, 885Kb: xlobby-panel-example-1
Video Example 2, 5.5Mb: xlobby-slide-panel-example2
Animations Menu Screenshot
Animation Event Setting in the Skin Editor Screenshot
This menu is located in the skin editor, screen name animation. This menu already has some examples of some really cool animations and video effects of images, text and a button. The new commands are located in the event editor, command group, animation. The commands and loop effects can be mixed to create different animation results. Use these new features to make menus and graphics slide in or out, make xLobby come alive with these new tools.
HULU just release a new desktop application that will easily work with xLobby and is integrated into the current build, current xLobby users will have to use a keyboard or mouse once Hulu is launched, we will have seemless Calrad-xLobby handheld IR remote control soon. A menu selection has been added as well as a direct Hulu button under more. We will continue to exploit this new application to add a smoother integration to xLobby with some interesting features in the future.
Main Menu with Hulu selection Screenshot
Hulu download feature Screenshot
Hulu Minimum requirements:
Intel Pentium Core Duo 1.8GHz At least 2.0 GB of RAM Windows XP or later 2 Mbps Internet connection Flash 9.0.124
Website HULU Desktop: http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop
Rock Television Screenshot
A new Screen Menu called Rock Television has been added for additional streaming music content, accessable from the More menu. If the content does not play, it maybe necessary to goto the webbrowser and goto: www.rocktelevision.com and install a one time activex control.
New More, Menu2.xml layout
The new More Menu, menu2.xml now seperates media Content from Control selections.
This news post is subject to change.