by Wes Black
xLobby V3 – 3.0.9170.62
- 0000524: [plugin] add more to XpluginSDK regarding music (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000579: [content playback] pause button stops working after using it twice (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000581: [generic] if event is tied to a slider button command is executed twice (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000583: [generic] new commands “speech” “speech enable” “speech disable” “speech toggle” (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000585: [generic] if music was playing, it does not resume when leaving a movie (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000525: [animation] Animation background Request; Repeat, Random commands, ability to load images from the picture library (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000580: [skin editor] scheduling trigger, setting value to zero causes crash (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000582: [generic] new command “category->sort” added, for temporary setting of sort order (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
- 0000584: [services] insteon lighting service time out bug, very rare but possible (stevenhanna6) – resolved.
1. Music Trigger called xLobby Music Started under triggers in the skin editor, so any event can be triggered based the play command of music.
3. Music Trigger called xLobby Music Paused under triggers in the skin editor, so any event can be triggered from the pause command of music.
4. Addded command group(Trigger)trigger commands, group disable, group enable, group toggle enable disable.
We are close to finishing the Calrad-xLobby training and product demo room. I will be posting some new pictures and further details soon. A cool feature in the room are several insteon 6 and 8 button keypads, the keypads can be programmed to have toggle or momentary button states to trigger any function of xLobby or any device xLobby controls. These keypads allow you to replace existing light switches in any room or add on to them using an additional electrical junction boxes and tap into the existing electrical circuit. This simply means you dont have to run any wiring to add automation features to a room. These keypads can become virtual keypads to do anything like (Russound control), (Security), (IR or RS232 control for video switchers, stereo receivers). So in our demo room I created several keypads one of them is shown below. Each keypad button can also be programmed to toggle thru different functions if needed, so individual buttons coupled with some good quality speech feed back can offer some interesting possibilities.
1. The Speak Now Playing button when pressed will lower the music playback volume so that xLobby can speak the Artist and track now playing information, when finished xLobby will gradually increase the volume to the desired setting. Any button can also be setup in xLobby to work during certain hours or to have a different function at different times of the day or week.
2. The Wes’s Weekend Playlist button when pressed will lower the music playback volume, next xLobby will speak Wes’s Playlist, when finished xLobby will gradually increase the volume to the desired setting then load a preset playlist or if pressed within 10 seconds will repeatedly rotate thru all of Wes’s playlists.
3. The Show Playlist button will make xLobby speak Show Playlist and then goto xLobbys playlist menu.
4. The Play All Tracks button will make xLobby speak play all tracks then shuffle all the music tracks from the current database, load all music tracks into a playlist then play the first track and all tracks until the list is complete.
5. The Stop button will make xLobby speak stop and then stop the music from playing back.
6. The Play button will make xLobby speak play and then play the current track that is shown.
7. The Next Track button will make xLobby speak next track and then advance the currently loaded playlist to the next track.
8. The Previous Track button will make xLobby speak previous track and the advance the currently loaded playlist to the previous track.
Insteon Part # 2486DWH8, Designer Style 8 Button Illuminated Keypad
This news post is subject to change.