Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord,' report say

Video streaming sites and links to streams

Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord,' report say

Postby wesblack on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't know about everyone else but I am tiered of my cable bill as well, it just keeps going up + programming I don't watch but pay for. Strange all the work and effort over the last 5 years to get hardware and products to view HD on every device and the younger generation wants free-crappy, watch anywhere, anytime streamming content versus quality...........!, can you blame them:o. See the news story below and the comments thread, very interesting what people have to say.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc1598

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Re: Nearly 800,000 U.S. TV households 'cut the cord,' report

Postby samsonlov on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:43 pm

When it comes to media, I prefer "quality" over "quantity" any day. - I can't stand listening to FM radio, and have not heard any AM since the late 1980's when AM1580 KDAY was on the air in Los Angeles, and I won't watch "SD" on "TV" unless it's under protest.

Lower-Res stuf in a tiny window on the PC is fine. Being that we rarely get to watch a movie or a TV show; if it's not HD, I'd rather play a board-game - remember those?

Actually we haven't seen a movie or played a board-game all the way through, except for a few games of cards, for about 6 months, but we have baby Ocean to play with instead - and she's always in 3-D - (Without Glasses).

Alas, some of Dafna's TV shows are still broadcast in SD, so if she's put-on a (DVR'd) "Project Runway" on at night when she's feeding the baby, I'm stuck with SD. :lol:
samsonlov

Postby lpg on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Kids are great; lo res lo fidelity is terrible; and I need to beable to watch high res content when I want. It is interesting though my kids 11-24 years old are only interested in watching or listening wherever they want to which means small screen, lo res lo fidelity.
lpg

Postby samgreco on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:25 am

You guys need to look at online video. It's working quite well.

I cut the cord a couple of months ago after realizing that I was paying $80/mo for 4 shows. 2 of which I could get on Hulu. And I still get OTA TV. But a lot of content that's streaming online is available in HD quality now. There are a few shows I've watched that were 720p and a couple at 1080i.
samgreco

Postby vaporhat on Mon May 10, 2010 4:58 pm

I cut the cord several months ago because I too was tired of paying out $75 a month for me to watch a couple channels a few times a week. I now use Netflix, Hulu, and for my F1.. torrent :) (since I had to DVR them anyway). I was also fustrated with the lack of 720p content. Now I find myself watching more BluRay movies or Netflix TV in DVD quality.

Not to mention Comcast would not broadcast F1 in 720p and make me buy the entire sports package just for the speed channel.

Anyone check out Epix?

www.epixhd.com
-3RiC
vaporhat

Return to Video Streaming