SPDIF to RCA

Lifts, Sprinkler Control, Shades, Etc.

SPDIF to RCA

Postby billberet on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

i have been using the Gefen SPDIF to rca, but i reciently came across this for half the price
http://www.uniqueproductsonline.com/ditoanauco.html

here is the origional gefen i use, but i will now be buying the one above
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=5980

half price sounds good to me!
billberet

Re: SPDIF to RCA

Postby vaporhat on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:27 am

Thank you.. that look good.
-3RiC
vaporhat

Postby wesblack on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:00 am

Note..............! that the unit will not process Dolby Digital or DTS. This is one reason we don't have one yet, the chips required to process Dolby Digital and DTS require a license agreement and fees to decode them. We have been working with a factory that can produce a unit and have the proper licenses. I have several new audio decoders that we will be showing soon, stay tunned........!

"Easily Convert audio to L/R analog audio -- without additional costly equipment! Supports either Bitstream or LPCM Please note this will NOT convert Dolby."

yhst-80324183427815_2094_6996350.jpg

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesblack

Postby billberet on Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:23 pm

o0o0o0o0o I need some
any eta? this quarter, next quarter..
billberet

Postby lpg on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Wes awhile ago you spoke of a PC card that would have this capability. There is a thread that has been running for years on avsforum trying to solve this with existing audio cards, but nothing works. Many of us do not have recievers and use high end audio cards for companies like lynx studio. I went this way because I did not want to keep spending 5K or more everytime a new encoding came out. There have been three changes since I bought my first preamp. If it is external I will be able to put in a duaghter card to incerase my analog input channels.

Glad you are still working on this. Would love to hear direct TV and my game counsoles in dolby surround.

Larry
lpg

Postby billberet on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm

for me,
i have spdif comming out of my XL and going to my video matrix, which send the video/spdif to the TV's.
the TV's that have a surround sterio system can take the spdif directly, those tv's that are using the internal speakers have to go thru a gefen spdif converter to send the signal to the TV's analog audio inputs..

unless they make a tv that can support SPDIF IN, which is highly unlikely.
billberet

Return to Home Automation Hardware