XmoveWindow - Help for a Full Screen Application

V3 plugins

XmoveWindow - Help for a Full Screen Application

Postby smarty on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:27 pm

I would like to run Geovision "remote playback" or "remote live view" and position these application windows with XLobby under my CCTV section.

I presently use XMoveWindow to position SageTV within Xlobby...... it works great, my TV control and TV output look seamless.

XMoveWindow doesn't seem to work with the geo programs though. When I use PowerHomes "window spy" utility to find the window handle and title, I just see numbers. These numbers change every time I re-start the program I am spying on.

Since the Geovision programs (remoteplayback and remoteview) don't seem to be designed to run in a window (full screen only), I tried to download and run the Geo programs at 1024X768 resolution while my actual screen display runs at 1400X900. This works in that the Geo applications now only take up part of the screen, but they are located at coordinates (0,0 - upper right hand corner).

Does anyone know of a way to move the Geo windows around (similiar to the Xmovewindow)? Does anyone know of a utility that these windows could be encapsulated in (so that i could move them around)? Ideas?
Elk M1, PowerHome, Insteon, GeoVision DVR, XLobby & SageTV
smarty

Return to Plugins