Calrad Component Video Cables

HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, S-Video, Etc.

Calrad Component Video Cables

Postby wesblack on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 am

I just wanted to start a section for Users, Installers to talk about cables. Shown below is Calrad's 55-716, 75 ohm Silver Conductor series Audio Video Cables with Locking RCA'S,. Insert the RCA plug into the Jack and twist the barrel to lock the connector to the female RCA Jack. Twist the Barrel again to unlock and remove the plug.

Please use this section to discuss, HDMI, DVI, VGA, USB, etc. any type of cables you want. I will answer any questions posted here, please be patient for a response I will do my best to answer them in a timely fashion.

Wes Black \ Calrad
Last edited by wesblack on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesblack

Postby Colby on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:43 pm

Speaking of cables, Since Im using a computer for HT, I always have a hard time finding stereo mini cables of any quality. I have yet to find an 8' stereo mini extension cable with adequate sheilding. It must not exist. I also have "cheap" mini to RCA because the good ones dont fit side by side on a sound card's output. Does Calrad make cables to specification? Or can they get hard to find products?
"Get creative or go home!"
Colby

Postby wesblack on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi Colby,

Yes there are different grades of 3.5mm cables. Some are used for low level Audio and require shielding and others that use headphone or speaker level that usualy do not require shielding. There is different grades of shielding, copper, foil, etc. each type of shielding keeps out either AC or RF. Since the explosion of MP3 players and IPOD's these types of cables are very popular aside from the know computer user with sound card hookup's, etc.

We have different grades and we custom make cables here in Los Angeles all the time.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Return to Audio, Video, Computer, RF Cables