A plugin to allow a Magic packet to be sent to one or more machines on your network to allow them to resume from S3. Can be set to fire when the plugin is loaded and/or called from an event anywhere an event can be fired!! Plus!!! Network monitoring for any machine in your network that accepts a ping!! It is coded for .Net 2.0 and runs without command boxes.
So what does this plugin really do?
- Wakes a PC from S3 Suspend on Xlobby startup and from Events
- Provides real-time update on network status of anything that will Ping (pollable at a refresh set by you)
- Allows you to build network monitoring into your skin (ouch!)
This has been tested in the latest Pre-release and the last free version.
IMPORTANT First and foremost, if you already have the xWOL.dll in your plugin directory - delete it, the directory structure has changed.
Next (maybe this should have been first), download the file
http://www.xlobby.com/files/defrag/xWOL.zip and unzip it into your plugins directory (maintaining the directory structure of the zip!!!).
Open Xlobby and hit F2 and navigate to the plugins section and you will see an entry for xWOL. Highlight the entry and click the configure button.
You will be presented with a screen as shown below:
There is a doc file in the zip that explains all the buttons, events, images, variables etc. Anyone who uses xoapweather will notice the similarities with the variable syntax, big kudos to the author for releasing the source - saved me oodles of time.
As a teaser here's some examples of what you can do:
Home page with main media server status:
Dedicated Network page with 4 machines
There are a few silly outstanding issues, mainly when you wake a pc from an event, the network status does not immediately refresh (It gets caught in the next poll), and one of the editable fields in the dialog box is not disabled when it should be !!!
A few things didn't make it into this release,
- Keep awake pc - I was thinking of adding this as an option, so that if a ping returned offline, the pc would be woken.
- Alternative to the above, sending a timed wake call to the pc - probably not so intuitive.
- Expanding images list to cater for different devices, Server, PC, laptop, mobile, palm etc
Any comments and further suggestions gladly accepted!!!! Any questions just shout!!