# http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/Tv_f ... /xmptv.jpg
Use Mediaportal TvEngine3 with xlobby. This is a stripped down version of Mediaportal that communicates with xlobby for full integration. Also the server communicates with Xlobby.
One can have the TVCard on a server and run Xlobby on another machine.
Have the TvCard on the same machine as the Xlobby runs.
Screenshots:http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv ... nShots.htm
Miniplayer integration with Xlobby screens: http://www.xlobby.com/files/Shaggy/MpTv ... iMp_XL.htm
TvEngine3, Mediaportal and Xlobby.
features of mediaportal tv3
* client server
* watch tv from another computer than the server
* watch 2 channels with one tvcard
* support for alot of cards, including software ones.
features of XL plugins
* 2 way communication between server and xlobby
* creates XL database from server recorded info
* status messages from server
* schedule recordings from Xlobby's EPG (and remove)
* start client from Xlobby
* Also created a standalone client for just watching tv from server
Mediaportal special build:
* Only the TV module is there.
* Communicates with Xlobby.
* 2 skins included. Read more in the document included in the zip file
TS status plugin>XMpTv>MP_Status
Rec status plugin>XMpTv>MP_Rec_Status
Record selected show in EPG (it's a plugin commmand with parameter) %epg>title%|%epg>channel%|%epg>runtime:yyyyMMddHHmm%
There are skin files for xlobby to help u out to get running.both my full skin and the files NEEDED. You really need those screens since the plugin opens overlays by auto.
Note:I have nothing to do with the dev of mediaportal and all credits to the mediaportal team. I just created the glue between mediaportal and xlobby. They did all the work and MP is under GPL license and the sources from me are avaliably above:Note
UPDATE:updated mp (and mp skins) and Tve3 to latest Rc220100415.zip updated. 16/4010This is RC2